Injury Report: Pavelski

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Looked like his right knee got tweaked as he fell into the boards vs the Preds. Probably a low grade sprain of some sort.

Good thing he's already slow as hell :laugh:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
They have to be playing it safe? I mean he finished the game he was injured in.
And it happened in the 1st period.

Yeah, signs point to this team caring about the standings a lot less than us fans. Hope their confidence in the team is backed up in a couple weeks.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose

Could be a real short post season if guys don't get back in the lineup

Seems like it was a pretty quick 180 from "game-time decision" to "doubtful for tomorrow." This might be overly optimistic, but I think they were going to take the risk and throw Pavs back into the lineup for the two important games this weekend until the sh*tty losses to Detroit and Chicago. Now, there's really not much to play for given that the division is out of reach, so they are instead opting to maximize the amount of recovery time that Pavelski gets. I'm assuming the same goes for EK65 just to a lesser degree. I could be totally wrong of course lol, but given the sudden change in status, that's what came to mind (other option is a major setback, but I'd rather not think about that :thumbd: )

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I wouldn't risk putting Pavs out there when the games are rather meaningless but the opponents are rivals who wouldn't mind throwing some extra shots his way. Won't be surprised at all of he's in the line up Tuesday in Vancouver.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Avoiding another team due to cheap shot worries, and advocating to play instead against Vancouver.

Oh, how times have changed.
Lol they have.

It's legit, though. These games this weekend don't matter much in the context of the playoffs, and both of the teams are in the Sharks path in the postseason. I wouldn't put it past any of the Knights or Flames to go at Pavs' leg if he played.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I really hate this teams luck. Karlsson simek and pavelski will all be out or playing injured in the playoffs and we dont have a goalie who can cover up injuries.

Reactions: Phu

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Am I wack to think Pavs being out has negatively impacting the team more than Karlsson? Karlsson is a luxury, and an elite one at that, but I feel like Pavs is the lifeblood of this team. I think we could get by Vegas without Karlsson. I’m not sure we could do it without Pavelski.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Am I wack to think Pavs being out has negatively impacting the team more than Karlsson? Karlsson is a luxury, and an elite one at that, but I feel like Pavs is the lifeblood of this team. I think we could get by Vegas without Karlsson. I’m not sure we could do it without Pavelski.

I think it’s easy to forget what Karlsson can do for this team when he is clicking, because he has only really done it for about 20 games and the last time we saw it was January.

Karlsson is the best and most important player in the team. If he came back tomorrow against Calgary and played like his dominant self, we would all remember that pretty quickly IMO.

Having said that, I do believe we’ve underestimated the value of Pavelski to this team.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA

Pavelski, against all physical odds, really seems like the driving force of this team. It's great seeing the youth fill in, but Joe's role cannot be understated (at least from how I can understand).

I can only hope his injury isn't upper-body, meaning that he can still plant himself at the front and take the punishment from defenders.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Pavelski, against all physical odds, really seems like the driving force of this team. It's great seeing the youth fill in, but Joe's role cannot be understated (at least from how I can understand).

I can only hope his injury isn't upper-body, meaning that he can still plant himself at the front and take the punishment from defenders.
And the talk that Couture is his someday replacement as Captain doesn't bode well for the team after Pavs retires or moves on.

Reactions: slocal

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

I’ll admit to having been a Pavelski-doubter back in 2014, perhaps the most prominent one on this forum. I thought we should sell high on him because he would never repeat his career season. But man, Pavelski has proved me wrong every year since then. He’s got a lot of heart, as cliche as it sounds, and he takes good care of himself like Marleau and Thornton.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

His injury is lower body. His leg got twisted up on the hit by Filip Forsberg.

And the talk that Couture is his someday replacement as Captain doesn't bode well for the team after Pavs retires or moves on.

Yeah that would not be good.

Reactions: slocal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad