Value of: Pavelski next contract and where?

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Seems inevitable that he just keeps re-upping on one-year deals with Dallas until he's ready to hang them up.

If he did move, and it's difficult to see it happening, then it might be for a team with an even better chance than Dallas to win it all... and none of the teams in this thread qualify. Dallas is already a strong contender. Which team(s) are clearly better? Maybe Colorado... there aren't many.

He has no reason to join a young team that needs veteran leadership. What does he get out of that, an older player without a Cup? A team missing the playoffs can offer practically nothing to Pavelski. The only thing such a team would have to offer that Dallas cannot is lots of cash - and keep in mind that Texas is a no-tax state.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Would he be the highest scoring late rounder ever? Gretz/oates were the never drafted
Robitaille

Another fun fact, he needs 7 more to have 80 playoff goals, which put him tied 9th place all time, 79 ties him 10th
Dude is a legend, hoping he can put up a few more nice stat lines/maybe win a Cup and be a lock for the hall

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Back with Dallas. One year $4.0 million with a $1.0 games played bonus.
That seems low for 1 year. Pavelski is breaking 60 points this season Even including the bonus, that's just seems low if you expect 55-60 from him. Maybe he doesn't care at this stage of his career but I can see teams offer more north of 5 million for 1 year.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
That seems low for 1 year. Pavelski is breaking 60 points this season Even including the bonus, that's just seems low if you expect 55-60 from him. Maybe he doesn't care at this stage of his career but I can see teams offer more north of 5 million for 1 year.
Very well could be

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Low? I'm hoping for $1M lol

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Based on his career curve so far, he'll be winning the Rocket next season. This dude ages in reverse.

Any team would be happy to have him. But I can't imagine he'll leave Dallas. Maybe back to SJS? But I doubt it.

Sharksfan66

Nov 4, 2021
My hopelessly optimistic dream scenario as a Sharks fan?

Pavs wins the Cup this spring. Then the Sharks win the draft lottery and sign Pavs to a ridiculously high 1 year deal to bring him home and help instill winning ways into the 2 hotshot NCAA centers the Sharks will have coming in next year, then ride off into the sunset a hero as the next generation takes off.

My expectation? The Stars falls short this year and Pavs resigns with Dallas on a sweetheart 1 year deal to give it another go.

Let's hope reality is more interesting and full of surprises than my expectations!

Reactions: Sports2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad