Value of: Pavelski next contract and where?

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Is he definitely going back to Dallas? Any chance he is willing to go elsewhere? I'd think if he was definitely staying in Dallas a contract would be done by now?

New Jersey would probably be willing to offer north of $5 million per on a 2 year deal

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
This is likely his last year. He's not going to any other team. If he was sure he wanted to come back the contract would already be done back in January. He'll go straight into a coaching/front office role of his choosing.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He's either retiring or signing another 1 year deal in Dallas. The fact he has not re-signed yet ( last two years he re-signed in January ) i think means retirement is on the table now

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
With his age, I'm guessing he's going to wait until after the playoffs. Especially if Dallas wins the cup, then I'd assume he'll retire. If they don't win the cup, then I'd imagine he'll decide during the summer.

I'm sure once he does retires, he'll join some role in within the Dallas Org anyways. Sounds like he really likes Dallas.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I don't see him retiring unless the Stars win the Cup. Win, he retires. Lose, I see him back next year at the same number. He'll go year-to-year until he wins or feels he can't play anymore.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
As many have said, it's almost certainly Dallas or retirement.

Only chance would be if Dallas totally wasn't interested and a team like Colorado or Edmonton came calling. Definitely not gonna uproot the family again for a spot like New Jersey (no disrespect).

Reactions: Stephen Gionta

serp

Jan 17, 2016
As many have said, it's almost certainly Dallas or retirement.

Only chance would be if Dallas totally wasn't interested and a team like Colorado or Edmonton came calling. Definitely not gonna uproot the family again for a spot like New Jersey (no disrespect).

Which seems unlikely considering how much involved he is with the younger players on the Stars. Johnston and now Stankoven live in his house. If he wants to come back Stars will give Pavs a contract. It's up to him if it wants to play into past his 40th birthday or not. If the answer is yes Stars will provide him the opportunity.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Want Pavelski to get to 500 goals. Hes 26 away so one more season could do it. That given him a solid shot at it. He still productive and seems to love Dallas and Dallas love him. Win a cup or not what a way to go out for a 7th rounder.

Reactions: Sandisfan

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Which seems unlikely considering how much involved he is with the younger players on the Stars. Johnston and now Stankoven live in his house. If he wants to come back Stars will give Pavs a contract. It's up to him if it wants to play into past his 40th birthday or not. If the answer is yes Stars will provide him the opportunity.

Not to be too pedantic, but Stankoven only stayed for a couple nights before he got his own place in Dallas. Regardless of the time spent there, Pavelski clearly makes sure the youngsters are comfortable and taken care of.

Point still stands that Pavs is a huge influence on the team both on and off the ice.

Reactions: serp

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Want Pavelski to get to 500 goals. Hes 26 away so one more season could do it. That given him a solid shot at it. He still productive and seems to love Dallas and Dallas love him. Win a cup or not what a way to go out for a 7th rounder.

Would he be the highest scoring late rounder ever? Gretz/oates were the never drafted

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Another option I could see him taking is only playing for a half season, signing around the beginning of February to lessen the wear and tear from an 82 game grind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad