Proposal: Pavelski + for Panarin

Meiertruck

Apr 13, 2010
Both UFA’s at the end of the ‘18-‘19 season. Pavelski has a few years on Panarin so San Jose adds some futures value.

ie. To San Jose:
Panarin

To Columbus:
Pavelski
Donskoi
2019 3rd Rounder

Yay or nay?

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
Both UFA’s at the end of the ‘18-‘19 season. Pavelski has a few years on Panarin so San Jose adds some futures value.

ie. To San Jose:
Panarin

To Columbus:
Pavelski
Donskoi
2019 3rd Rounder

Yay or nay?
I’d do this as Columbus just cuz panarin prob won’t resign. But part of me thinks they can get a better return for younger assets, so I’d say this is a last resort trade for Columbus

Reactions: iSophagus

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I’d do this as Columbus just cuz panarin prob won’t resign. But part of me thinks they can get a better return for younger assets, so I’d say this is a last resort trade for Columbus

Adding a 34y old Pavelski for Panarin doesn't make Columbus a contender today or tomorrow.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I don’t think the sharks trade their captain. Donskoi who I’d hate to see go is a FA as well after this year. Probably isn’t what CBJ is looking for in a return for Panarin unless they want to contend for the playoffs this year without missing a beat.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If Pavelkski leaves then we're hardly better off. Rather keep Panarin since we know how well he fits.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Foligno-Pavelski-Anderson
Jenner-Dubois-Atkinson
Milano-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Dubinsky-Nash-Duclair

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Oh right..

Foligno-Pavelski-Donskoi (keep their chemistry intact).
Jenner-Dubois-Atkinson
Milano-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Dubinsky-Nash-Anderson
Duclair

Looks like four 2nd lines.

Really solid depth

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Oh right..

Foligno-Pavelski-Donskoi (keep their chemistry intact).
Milano/Duclair-Dubois-Atkinson
Jenner-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Dubinsky-Nash-Anderson
Duclair/Milano

Looks like four 2nd lines.
I rather see something more in tune with that

In any case, I don't love this for Columbus. I think Donskoi would be our 3rd or 4th best RW, at best, and would not be resigned by the team. The fact that Pavelski keeps coming up in trade rumors makes me worry that SJS fans don't think he has much left in the tank. I don't think we can afford a third Foligno/Dubinsky sort of contract on the books, if he's even open to resigning with Columbus.

Reactions: Fro

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I rather see something more in tune with that

In any case, I don't love this for Columbus. I think Donskoi would be our 3rd or 4th best RW, at best, and would not be resigned by the team. The fact that Pavelski keeps coming up in trade rumors makes me worry that SJS fans don't think he has much left in the tank. I don't think we can afford a third Foligno/Dubinsky sort of contract on the books, if he's even open to resigning with Columbus.

Pavelski is not really involved in any trade rumor. This is just some fan's proposal. Pavs isn't going anywhere and it wouldn't surprise me they re-sign him. Most aren't worried if he has much left in the tank. Most are worried that they're going to sign him to a deal that outlasts whatever he has left in the tank. Pavs looks like he has at least another three or four good seasons in him.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Pavelski is not really involved in any trade rumor. This is just some fan's proposal. Pavs isn't going anywhere and it wouldn't surprise me they re-sign him. Most aren't worried if he has much left in the tank. Most are worried that they're going to sign him to a deal that outlasts whatever he has left in the tank. Pavs looks like he has at least another three or four good seasons in him.
That's fair. This is the 2nd or 3rd time in the last week I've seen a Sharks fan propose something around Pavelski for Panarin, thus my comment.

I would have the same worries about Pavelski. I'll ask you the same question I asked someone else--do you know if Pavelski has ever played LW and if his game might transition well to the left side?

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
That's fair. This is the 2nd or 3rd time in the last week I've seen a Sharks fan propose something around Pavelski for Panarin, thus my comment.

I would have the same worries about Pavelski. I'll ask you the same question I asked someone else--do you know if Pavelski has ever played LW and if his game might transition well to the left side?

As far as I know (SJS fans can feel free to correct me) he can play any forward position, but he's split time between C and RW for as long as I can remember.

I kind of like this trade for both teams. The winner would be whichever team has a good enough season to convince the player they got to stay.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

He can play any forward position but he's been predominantly on the right wing the last handful of seasons.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

NHL announces 2013-14 All-Star Teams

He was a 2nd team all star in 2013-2014 at LW, but he was much younger and he spent most of his time with Joe Thornton and Brent Burns. Tough to say if he can do that now.

I think Columbus would be dumb to take an offer around Pavelski. I would offer something like Meier or LaBanc + Tierney + 2020 1st (conditional on Panarin re-signing).

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
NHL announces 2013-14 All-Star Teams

He was a 2nd team all star in 2013-2014 at LW, but he was much younger and he spent most of his time with Joe Thornton and Brent Burns. Tough to say if he can do that now.

I think Columbus would be dumb to take an offer around Pavelski. I would offer something like Meier or LaBanc + Tierney + 2020 1st (conditional on Panarin re-signing).

I would rather Meier or LaBanc as well as a CBJ fan. I get that Pavs would instantly improve our center but without panarin our LW depth is seriously lacking on the top end.

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I would rather Meier or Lab and as well as a CBJ fan. I get that Pavs would instantly improve our center but without panarin our LW depth is seriously lacking on the top end.

Pavelski would probably not re-sign, nor would he likely waive his NTC. Pavelski+Donskoi is way too good to be true from a San Jose perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad