Recalled/Assigned: Pavelec activated from IR; Hellebuyck assigned to the Moose.

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
QONVIyz.gif

jetsy

Arny Palmy alert!
Feb 14, 2012
Winnipeg Arena
Honestly, I'd like to see the Pavelec/Helle tandem. I'm kinda happy to Pavs back, I'd really like to see how he'll play now that he's "refreshed" for lack of a better term. With the Jets playing 60 minutes a game now, Pavs might be able to eek out some wins that are sorely needed.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
It's official at this point.

Ondrej '3 goals a game' Pavelec will deliver Matthews unto us.

Tank on.

Yeah but he’s been away from our goalie coach for a bit that means he’s going to play well for at least a month until the coaching kicks back in

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Honestly, I'd like to see the Pavelec/Helle tandem. I'm kinda happy to Pavs back, I'd really like to see how he'll play now that he's "refreshed" for lack of a better term. With the Jets playing 60 minutes a game now, Pavs might be able to eek out some wins that are sorely needed.

I think you forgot the :sarcasm:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Weird, I guess they've given up on the playoffs
Hopefully hellebuyck is back soon, shame his sv% speed to .918 at the end

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
And they called me :loony: a month ago saying the Jets would send Helly back to the Moose when Pavs was ready.

A month ago Helle hadn't been pulled from 2 of his last 3 starts and the Jets still had PO hope. A month ago you were crazy. :)

Derfel*

Or perhaps this is a move to ship out Hutchinson before the deadline, and a Pavelec/Hellebuyck tandem will drag us over the playoff line after the end of February...

folix

Jul 24, 2011
This is always said by people (not just you Mortimer) when players get sent down. I personally think that it does the opposite of building confidence when a player is cut from a team, to be honest.

Lol facing 48 shots a game on the Moose is far from building someone's confidence up, it's more like breaking it down.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This is always said by people (not just you Mortimer) when players get sent down. I personally think that it does the opposite of building confidence when a player is cut from a team, to be honest.

Don't disagree with the bold but Helle was here as an injury replacement for Pav. Pav is back. Its not quite like being cut. If he takes it that way a couple of good games will clear that up. He was having trouble here. Not entirely his fault as he was being hung out to dry but it must have rattled him a bit.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Time to showcase Pavelic and hope he plays real well, there are teams looking for goalie's to help in the playoffs or help them make the playoffs. Helle has the pipes next year and Pavs won't be paid 3.9 mil to back up. Price probably out for the season and Ramo from Calgary got hurt last night, lots of variable before the deadline.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Apparently Pavs is tank commander with his .920 save % last season who carried us on his back to the playoffs. People want to ignore Helle's .918% which is falling fast. .893% in his last 12 games. .866% in his last seven. He hasn't looked good at all.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Who makes the decision to go down, Chevy or Maurice?

No friggin way Maurice made that call and I bet he's pissed.

No way in hell Helly should be going back to the AHL, really not a good move from the organization, poorly thought out.:shakehead

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
"short term" eh?

hmmm

my guess, post TD you can bring Helle back up right?

but then....why would you want 3 goalies?

Roster limits go away after the deadline. It makes more sense to send him down than to risk losing Hutch on wavers when you can just call him back up in 3 weeks.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Time to showcase Pavelic and hope he plays real well, there are teams looking for goalie's to help in the playoffs or help them make the playoffs. Helle has the pipes next year and Pavs won't be paid 3.9 mil to back up. Price probably out for the season and Ramo from Calgary got hurt last night, lots of variable before the deadline.

Kinda doubt anyone is stupid enough to ignore 6 years of poor play based on two weeks in Pavelec's case. No one is stupid enough to take on that contract for next year.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Kinda doubt anyone is stupid enough to ignore 6 years of poor play based on two weeks in Pavelec's case. No one is stupid enough to take on that contract for next year.

While I mostly agree, I could see him being dealt with salary retained. Only one year left on his contract, so he's not a huge risk.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This was the easiest move to make... believe it or not.

Lets just hope the Moose make the playoffs now and Hellebuyck puts up a better performance in the A while the Jets tank.

Let the tanking begin!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
While I mostly agree, I could see him being dealt with salary retained. Only one year left on his contract, so he's not a huge risk.

Even at 50% retained (which I doubt the Jets will do) he is still a very expensive backup.

Any contract can be moved as has been proved in the last little while.

While true, it usually involves taking dead money back the other way. I don't think the Jets will be willing to do that to get rid of Pavelec for one year. They've had ample opportunity to get rid of Pavelec when it would have saved them money and improved the goaltending situation, can't see them making a move that will cost them money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad