Value of: Pavel Zacha

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Debrusk makes a lot of sense, with the Bruins adding a 3rd or two. The Bruins need c and d desperately, and somebody here I respect, said they already asked about Hischer in the off-season. Furthermore, with the possible exception of Roslovic, Zacha is the only reclamation center worth anything. Devils and Bruins match up as trade partners pretty well. Bet they do something.....

Reactions: mflo77

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Debrusk makes a lot of sense, with the Bruins adding a 3rd or two. The Bruins need c and d desperately, and somebody here I respect, said they already asked about Hischer in the off-season. Furthermore, with the possible exception of Roslovic, Zacha is the only reclamation center worth anything. Devils and Bruins match up as trade partners pretty well. Bet they do something.....
I rather keep Zacha than trade him for Debrusk, whose qualifying offer is over $4 m (compared to Zacha's $3 m).

So far the best offer has been Crouse for Zacha. I also like Kapanen, and a 1st, Kassian and a RHD or winger prospect offer from @belair. I would also consider Dvorak, though his contract is about $1 m overpriced for a 3rd line center. I know many Devils fans wouldn't do that trade.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
The Dvorak offer isn’t all that bad, considering we can bump Mercer on the right wing alongside Nico.

I would also think long and hard about Kassian and a 1st. We need players like Kassian and adding an extra 1st is a better trading chip than Zacha himself, which we can dangle in another package for immediate help or move up to get someone that might fall in the draft like a Cutter Gauthier.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
1st + Ritchie + Niemela + Holl

For

Zacha + Subban @ 50% (2.2 AAV a third team retain an additional 50%)

Additional team:

Leafs 4th 2022

----

Why Do the Leafs do this:

Leafs basically replace Ritchie with Zacha and Holl with Subban keeping the cap almost identical. Zacha brings some jam and a change of scenery along with maybe some chemistry with Tavares (I think they play a similar style of game) might get him into a spot where he contributes in our top 6.

After this season, Zacha gets likely another bridge deal of a year or two similar to Mikheyev and gain a few million in cap space for next offseason needing only a goalie and bottom pair RD.

Why the Devils do this:

The immediate big pieces are adding another first and a top RD prospect that is nearly NHL ready. They also replace Subban with Holl on their blueline who provides a stop gap for a cheap caphit. He's played top four minutes for the Leafs for 3 seasons now and while inconsistent, is a solid bottom 3 defensemen.

Again, Ritchie replaces Zacha's body in the lineup and is basically a small cap dump for a season. But the Devils end up adding a potential top 4 RD and another 1st round pick in exchange for a UFA and a guy they've lost faith in while adding NHL players to fill their spots.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I rather keep Zacha than trade him for Debrusk, whose qualifying offer is over $4 m (compared to Zacha's $3 m).

So far the best offer has been Crouse for Zacha. I also like Kapanen, and a 1st, Kassian and a RHD or winger prospect offer from @belair. I would also consider Dvorak, though his contract is about $1 m overpriced for a 3rd line center. I know many Devils fans wouldn't do that trade.
I'm not sure the Oilers really have the RHD prospect you're suggesting unless one of Phil Kemp or Mike Kesselring fits the bill. But I could see Dmitri Samorukov being of some interest. He can play either side and had a very strong season in the KHL playing on the right on CSKAs second pairing last season.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
I'm not sure the Oilers really have the RHD prospect you're suggesting unless one of Phil Kemp or Mike Kesselring fits the bill. But I could see Dmitri Samorukov being of some interest. He can play either side and had a very strong season in the KHL playing on the right on CSKAs second pairing last season.
@Devsguy24 wrote something about the RHD prospect, so I assumed that the Oilers have couple of those. I'm not sure about Samorukov. The Devils already have a lot of LHD, and it's not a sure thing that Samorukov can play either side in the NHL. What about LW or RW prospects?

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
@Devsguy24 wrote something about the RHD prospect, so I assumed that the Oilers have couple of those. I'm not sure about Samorukov. The Devils already have a lot of LHD, and it's not a sure thing that Samorukov can play either side in the NHL. What about LW or RW prospects?
Don’t really know a lot about the Oilers prospects I was just mentioning as it’s a need for the Devils, as are wingers

Reactions: Monsieur Verdoux

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
1st + Ritchie + Niemela + Holl

For

Zacha + Subban @ 50% (2.2 AAV a third team retain an additional 50%)

Additional team:

Leafs 4th 2022

----

Why Do the Leafs do this:

Leafs basically replace Ritchie with Zacha and Holl with Subban keeping the cap almost identical. Zacha brings some jam and a change of scenery along with maybe some chemistry with Tavares (I think they play a similar style of game) might get him into a spot where he contributes in our top 6.

After this season, Zacha gets likely another bridge deal of a year or two similar to Mikheyev and gain a few million in cap space for next offseason needing only a goalie and bottom pair RD.

Why the Devils do this:

The immediate big pieces are adding another first and a top RD prospect that is nearly NHL ready. They also replace Subban with Holl on their blueline who provides a stop gap for a cheap caphit. He's played top four minutes for the Leafs for 3 seasons now and while inconsistent, is a solid bottom 3 defensemen.

Again, Ritchie replaces Zacha's body in the lineup and is basically a small cap dump for a season. But the Devils end up adding a potential top 4 RD and another 1st round pick in exchange for a UFA and a guy they've lost faith in while adding NHL players to fill their spots.
I assume you will get killed on the Lesfs board, if your proposal goes viral. At least I can offer you to pay the 4th rounder for the third party. Adds a few spots in the draft for the third party team as well.

If you are as high on Niemela like some of your peers, I would gladly switch him out for Amirov as well.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
There are definitely a handful of winger prospects but a good number of them would be out of reach in a deal like this. It's also kind of dependent on where along the development path they'd need to be. Guys like Benson or Marody stand out as an immediate NHL guy, but neither probably move the needle for Jersey.

I think Samorukov has a bit better of a trajectory than he's likely given credit for. If I had to choose between him and a lesser, mid-round forward, I'd say Samorukov is far likelier to have an NHL career. Just a very solid, well-rounded player with some meanness to his game.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
So far , the offers I like are Crouse , DeBrusk , Kassian , Samorukov. Devils need RHD but mostly big wingers.
Crouse is highest on my want list

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I assume you will get killed on the Lesfs board, if your proposal goes viral. At least I can offer you to pay the 4th rounder for the third party. Adds a few spots in the draft for the third party team as well.

If you are as high on Niemela like some of your peers, I would gladly switch him out for Amirov as well.

Either one. I read the need was RD but I see wings are as well. Some might take issue that Amirov was a mid 1st while Niemela was a mid round pick, but Niemela goes in the first round in a redraft IMO so it doesn't really matter.

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
The Dvorak offer isn’t all that bad, considering we can bump Mercer on the right wing alongside Nico.

I would also think long and hard about Kassian and a 1st. We need players like Kassian and adding an extra 1st is a better trading chip than Zacha himself, which we can dangle in another package for immediate help or move up to get someone that might fall in the draft like a Cutter Gauthier.
Why would the Devils acquire a 31yo who wouldn't even slot into our top-6 and who is signed until 2024?

No thank you. Id expect a 1st for taking Kassian alone, no way Id then include Zacha for free

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
How is Zacha defensively?
Analytics people say he is defensively poor, or at least they used to say. His analytics stats have been mostly better when he has played with Hischier, so I'm not sure how relevant that argument is anymore. Maybe it is, because his on ice goals for and against numbers have been worse past couple years.

I'd say that Zacha is defensively fine. Nothing great, but he isn't a liability either.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
@rt someone proposed here trade that would send Zacha to the Coyotes and Crouse to the Devils. I don't know if the writer was a Coyotes fan (probably not), but I would be interested to hear if the Coyotes considered that offer?

My guess is that the Coyotes rather trade Crouse for draft picks, prospects or ELC-players than someone like Zacha. What do you think about that offer from the Coyotes perspective?

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Drouin for Zacha straight up. Both talented players who haven't fully realized their potential.

Drouin's two years older, but is a LW and also has better production both over his career and this season.

Besides, Drouin and Hughes would be good together I think.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
@rt someone proposed here trade that would send Zacha to the Coyotes and Crouse to the Devils. I don't know if the writer was a Coyotes fan (probably not), but I would be interested to hear if the Coyotes considered that offer?

My guess is that the Coyotes rather trade Crouse for draft picks, prospects or ELC-players than someone like Zacha. What do you think about that offer from the Coyotes perspective?
I wouldn’t be at all interested in that.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Drouin for Zacha straight up. Both talented players who haven't fully realized their potential.

Drouin's two years older, but is a LW and also has better production both over his career and this season.

Besides, Drouin and Hughes would be good together I think.
The Devils already have too many soft and defensively questionable forwards in their lineup. I assume Drouin isn't defensively particularly good. His contract is also overpriced, so no thanks.

Reactions: McJedi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad