Value of: Pavel Zacha

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Probably moved for a similar age reclamation project, I wouldn't imagine there is going to be a bidding war for him or anything

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Any interest in a deal around Max Jones or Sam Steel?

Probably more in need of RD/RW or a waiver exempt guy. Devils lineup probably has too many left shot forwards as it is. Dunno if Jones/Steel would be a regular and we're already looking at possibly having an expensive healthy scratch in Janne Kuokkanen. Assuming Miles Wood is ready to go next season:

Sharanagovich-Hughes-Bratt
Tatar-Hischier-(tbd/Holtz)
Johnsson-Mercer-(tbd/Boqvist)
Wood-McLeod-Bastian
Kuokkanen-Thompson-Zetterlund

Graves-Hamilton
Siegenthaler-Severson
Smith-(tbd)

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Probably more in need of RD/RW or a waiver exempt guy. Devils lineup probably has too many left shot forwards as it is. Dunno if Jones/Steel would be a regular and we're already looking at possibly having an expensive healthy scratch in Janne Kuokkanen. Assuming Miles Wood is ready to go next season:

Wood-McLeod-Bastian

Graves-Hamilton
Siegenthaler-Severson
Smith-(tbd)
Wow, that roster needs some legit winger help. Pretty strong future down the middle though.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

Wood-McLeod-Bastian

Graves-Hamilton
Siegenthaler-Severson
Smith-(tbd)

I like most of what NJ is doing, and it pains me to say cause I’m a NYR fan. But I actually like when both teams are good and the rivalry games get the blood running hot..... I’m also a huge jack Hughes fan.
Having said all that, the devils wing situation is hot garbage...
Their 4th line as a whole is fine. I think Jarnkrok or a vet like that in the middle of wood/ bastion would be more advantageous imo.
But besides Bratt and sharengovich- who should be on 3rd line, their wingers stink.
They aren’t winning anything with that.
I’m not as high on holtz as some. He’s still got potential, but there’s a ton of holes in his game he’s gotta fix.
NJ needs to get Blackwood some better help as well, or a new goalie entirely.
The good news is they have a lot of cap, and wing is the easiest position to trade for.
But tartar, Johnson, boqvist, Zacha all need to go.
I’d keep Kuokenen as the Ex spare fwd while cap room is not an issue.
The rest, get what you can get and start fixing that mess on the wings.

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Wow, that roster needs some legit winger help. Pretty strong future down the middle though.

Yeah, hopefully Holtz can be an in house solution for a top six spot in the near future. Mercer did have a short cameo on RW a few weeks back, so we'll see if that ends up being an option depending on the draft/free agency. Friedman connected NJ with kicking the tires on Conor Garland which makes sense positionally. Not sure what to make of Boqvist yet but he's looked a little better of late. He loses waiver exemption next season so he'll probably be on the team as a result.

I was hoping Zacha would have shown more this season. He kept going from wing to center in prior years and he finally seemed to be comfortable last season at LW. With him being RFA this season, seems like it's time that the team has to make a decision on him (and perhaps vice versa if he wants a fresh start elsewhere).

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Any interest in a deal around Max Jones or Sam Steel?
I don't know anything about them, so it's difficult to say how I feel about this offer.

I’ve always wanted him on the Penguins but not sure what we can realistically offer besides Kapanen.
Kapanen for Zacha is probably pretty fair deal. Both have holes in their game, and both could use a change of scenery. On the other hand, I would prefer someone with better compete.

Lawson Crouse or Jake Debrusk..
Yeah, I would trade Zacha for Crouse.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I like most of what NJ is doing, and it pains me to say cause I’m a NYR fan. But I actually like when both teams are good and the rivalry games get the blood running hot..... I’m also a huge jack Hughes fan.
Having said all that, the devils wing situation is hot garbage...
Their 4th line as a whole is fine. I think Jarnkrok or a vet like that in the middle of wood/ bastion would be more advantageous imo.
But besides Bratt and sharengovich- who should be on 3rd line, their wingers stink.
They aren’t winning anything with that.
I’m not as high on holtz as some. He’s still got potential, but there’s a ton of holes in his game he’s gotta fix.
NJ needs to get Blackwood some better help as well, or a new goalie entirely.
The good news is they have a lot of cap, and wing is the easiest position to trade for.
But tartar, Johnson, boqvist, Zacha all need to go.
I’d keep Kuokenen as the Ex spare fwd while cap room is not an issue.
The rest, get what you can get and start fixing that mess on the wings.
Everything you said is correct except Sharangovich is garbage and can go , along with Kuokkanen . Bratt is out only good winger with hopefully Holtz being ready next year and if Boqvist keeps up his recent play and improves more , Mercer can maybe move from 3C to wing in the top 6. Still need one more top 6 winger ( Forsberg / Fiala / Meier lol good luck with that ) and a couple more middling guys that can play a heavy game like Crouse Nichushkin Marchment .
Tatar Zacha Johnson Sharangovich Kuokkanen can all go . All are mediocre players that play a soft perimeter game . Kuokkanen being a tad more “gritty” but not physical enough and has produced like crap this year so I wouldn’t miss him if he’s gone . We need sone more grit and players that drive the net / play in the corners and in front of the net more.
Our 4th line I have no issues with . Vesey has been decent but with Wood coming back soon , I’m fine with Bastian McLeod Wood as the 4th line. Hopefully Wiid has not lost a step as his straight line speed was his biggest asset . That and running into the goalie / net at full speed when he doesn’t realize where he is in the ice, skating as fast as he can with his head down .
Wiid Bastian McLeod are the only ones that stand in front of the net / goalie . Everyone else just skates past it looking for a rebound to magically come to them

Last edited:

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I wouldn't be against this. Dvorak could be their 3rd line center and they can play Mercer with Hughes or Hischier. $4,45 m is pretty much for the third line center, but I think this could be a good move for the Devils.
Too much for a 3c. I’d wait and see what Boqvist can do . He has played very well as of late and could be a very decent 3c for cheap .

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
He's not a reclamation project. He's a 24 year old, 20-25g, 40-50 point player, who plays a decent all around game. He's worth a first rounder from an upper echelon team, although he seems like he'd be a better fit for a team that needs to shed salary but wants a useful player in return.

Reactions: Monsieur Verdoux

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
He's not a reclamation project. He's a 24 year old, 20-25g, 40-50 point player, who plays a decent all around game. He's worth a first rounder from an upper echelon team, although he seems like he'd be a better fit for a team that needs to shed salary but wants a useful player in return.
Yeah, he could be a really cheap rental for a playoff team. If the Devils retain 50 % of his contract, his cap hit is only $1,125 m. Where do you find another 40–50 point player for that price?

The team that acquires him can re-sign him in the Summer or trade him to another team and get back some of the original trade capital.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Oilers would be wise to consider him as a long-term piece. Great multifaceted depth forward that would help out a one of the top lines play a better two way game.

The 1st would definitely be out there. Yamamoto. A pretty good selection of secondary D prospects as well. Not likely NJ would be willing, but it'd be nice to dump Kassian as well.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
The Oilers would be wise to consider him as a long-term piece. Great multifaceted depth forward that would help out a one of the top lines play a better two way game.

The 1st would definitely be out there. Yamamoto. A pretty good selection of secondary D prospects as well. Not likely NJ would be willing, but it'd be nice to dump Kassian as well.

I think the Devils should be interested in Kassian, him with Wood would drive other teams crazy.
if they offered up the 1st plus Kassian and a RHD or decent winger prospect, Devils should jump all over it

Reactions: belair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad