Value of: Pavel Zacha

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
@rt someone proposed here trade that would send Zacha to the Coyotes and Crouse to the Devils. I don't know if the writer was a Coyotes fan (probably not), but I would be interested to hear if the Coyotes considered that offer?

My guess is that the Coyotes rather trade Crouse for draft picks, prospects or ELC-players than someone like Zacha. What do you think about that offer from the Coyotes perspective?

I think your guess is right. If they can land a 1st for Crouse (which I don’t think is outlandish), you’d have to think they’d take that.

We also have a handful of near-NHL-ready prospects that had success with the 67s under current Coyotes coach Andre Tourigny. I’d be willing to sweeten the deal with someone like Okhotyuk or Clarke.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
The Devils already have too many soft and defensively questionable forwards in their lineup. I assume Drouin isn't defensively particularly good. His contract is also overpriced, so no thanks.

How is Zacha defensively?

Don't worry about it.

Lol. It sounds like Zacha's not exactly great defensively either. I can understand wanting to move on from that style of play and get someone more defensively responsible.

How about someone like LW Arturri Lehkonen?

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I think your guess is right. If they can land a 1st for Crouse (which I don’t think is outlandish), you’d have to think they’d take that.

We also have a handful of near-NHL-ready prospects that had success with the 67s under current Coyotes coach Andre Tourigny. I’d be willing to sweeten the deal with someone like Okhotyuk or Clarke.
Coyotes have a ton of UFAs next year:
Arizona Coyotes Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Also they are playing now at ASU for next 3 yrs, if I read that correctly.
Would make me think they need players. Add Clarke from NJ and Fischer from AZ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad