Proposal: Pavel Zacha to Montréal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
To Montréal:
C Pavel Zacha
2019 1st round pick (*Lottery protected)

To New Jersey:
LW Max Pacioretty

Pacioretty can replace effectively Patrick Maroon on the Devils top 6. New Jersey have more than enough cap space to re-sign him and Pacioretty grew up close of the New York area, I bet he'd want to re-sign there. Sucks to lose a centre, but Zacha is stuck behind Hischer and Zajac.

Habs get a 1st round pick like they want for Pacioretty and add a natural centre with untapped potential. He won't become a 1st line centre, but he definitely can become a solid middle six centre and his presence alone give the possibility to move Drouin to the wing.

Who need to add?

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Makes sense for both teams I guess... and the value seems about right

Not sure what Habs/Devils fans would think though

Habs said they won’t talk extension with Paches anymore earlier in the summer, so wouldn’t NJ be better off keeping Zach, trading the first for another player/keeping it and signing him next summer?

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I think that the Devils would rather wait and see on Zacha given that he can still reasonably develop into a top-6 C to complement Hischier.

Reactions: Meeqs

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
To Montréal:
C Pavel Zacha

To New Jersey:
LW Max Pacioretty

Pacioretty can replace effectively Patrick Maroon on the Devils top 6. New Jersey have more than enough cap space to re-sign him and Pacioretty grew up close of the New York area, I bet he'd want to re-sign there. Sucks to lose a centre, but Zacha is stuck behind Hischer and Zajac.

Habs get a 1st round pick like they want for Pacioretty and add a natural centre with untapped potential. He won't become a 1st line centre, but he definitely can become a solid middle six centre and his presence alone give the possibility to move Drouin to the wing.

Who need to add?
You can just have zacha lol

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
To Montréal:
C Pavel Zacha

To New Jersey:
LW Max Pacioretty

Who need to add?
No deal from Jersey.

Make it MaxPac for a 1st and 2nd round pick in 2019.

Sign and trade 8 years 7.5 million.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Probably not in the situation to do that sort of trade yet, especially with Pacioretty a year away from free agency. While it sounded like Shero made an offer to Maroon, him and Grabner were brought on as rentals due to Marcus Johansson's injury and Jesper Bratt hitting the wall. We'll see if Johansson can stay healthy, but he'll be the 2nd line LW.

If we're moving Zacha, I'd personally save that trade chip for a LHD.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
No thanks, if anything the reason I'm trading for Pacioretty is so he can play with Zacha. If Zacha has to be a part of the deal and we're assuming the obvious is off the table (Hischier/Hall) then I wouldn't trade for him. I would be willing to part with Mcleod though.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
MTL isn't going to get that much for Patches. The don't have the leverage, there are far better options for teams than Patches and their GM has a long history of losing trades decisively and frequently.

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
Probably not in the situation to do that sort of trade yet, especially with Pacioretty a year away from free agency. While it sounded like Shero made an offer to Maroon, him and Grabner were brought on as rentals due to Marcus Johansson's injury and Jesper Bratt hitting the wall. We'll see if Johansson can stay healthy, but he'll be the 2nd line LW.

If we're moving Zacha, I'd personally save that trade chip for a LHD.
A lefty d you say, step right up to the oilers leftorium!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Lol no need of another disappointing top 10 pick. Just switch zacha to one of the teams top prospect.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think Zacha still has more value than McLeod. More reasonable is McLeod instead. You aren't getting that much for a rental of a guy with a spotty playoff track record coming off a down year.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
lmaooooo jesssssuuusssss this board is getting insane now.
NJ has Hall, Johansson, Coleman, Wood and Bratt that can play left wing.

They do not need to trade for Pacioretty. He doesn't fill a need. That is why NJ would not be interested.

Is he a better player than Zacha. Of course, but trading Zacha means we have a huge hole at 2C.

Reactions: DarthProbert

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
lmaooooo jesssssuuusssss this board is getting insane now.

I'm an Habs fan and not Patches biggest fan but the guy has became one of the most criminally underrated player on this board. Yes he had a down year and yes he is UFA next summer but if you trade for himn you still get a 30-35 goals and 60+pts player for 4.5m on the cap hit with the option to re-sign him if things work out. He is , imho , one of the if not the best option for a contending team looking for solid scoring depth with not much cap space left.

Those who think Patches is done after a down year are probably the same who thought Kopitar was on the decline after his 53pts season 2 years ago. Down years happen and player bouncing back (especially in the case of a change of scenery when it come to Patches) happen too. I would bet my ass off that Pacioretty will bounce back with a fresh start on another team. The guy talent did not evaporate from one year to another, He's just in a not so good situation with the current Habs edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad