Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I saw some non-Ranger fans talking about it on twitter the other day, but yeah, its only my theory. :rolleyes:
I'm part Russian and I have never believed Buch's playing time had anything to do with being Russian. Buch has had a good season so far but there have been some peaks and valleys. I think his backchecking is getting better. What I would like to see is him try to be more engaged in one on one board battles. AV is doing his job as coach to let him know what he expects from him. It was no different when guys like Zooks, JT, Kreider, Smith, Boyle, Dom Moore, etc got benched by AV. I think Fast was even benched a couple of years ago. It doesn't mean AV likes or dislikes a player and it definitely does not mean AV hates that person's nationality. Its just one of the few ways a coach can get through to a player or a team.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Hopefully Buch don`t play on the 4th line rest of the season - he his too skilled to play on that line.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Ave benched him kid comes back plays great. Have to give the coach credit as much as we dislike it he seems to have the pulse of this kid

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not a big fan of AV but the benching might have helped?????? *Shrug*
Ave benched him kid comes back plays great. Have to give the coach credit as much as we dislike it he seems to have the pulse of this kid
tenor.gif

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There were rumors that Severstal would be kicked out of the KHL, but they are having a very successful season. They are likely to make the playoffs for the first time in many seasons. Buch delivered a message during a recent game on the big-screen at the arena.

Reactions: Irishguy42

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Getting benched for no reason is not why Buch is scoring now... Being on a line with two of our most talented forwards while playing against two of the worst teams in the league helps though... He still isn't getting enough ice time so no, AV is not suddenly good, AV is still a trash coach...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I really liked AV the first couple years and could give him a pass on some of the lineup decisions because overall things seemed to work, but at this point he's actively harming the team. I'm not even of the position that Buch has done enough to demand top three TOI, but he certainly deserves a lot more than he gets.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I really liked AV the first couple years and could give him a pass on some of the lineup decisions because overall things seemed to work, but at this point he's actively harming the team. I'm not even of the position that Buch has done enough to demand top three TOI, but he certainly deserves a lot more than he gets.

Same here. I would not have a problem with occasional scratching, limited minutes or shift to lower lines to demand or teach consistency in performance / effort from a youngster but SEASON long averages do not lie - Buchnevich deserves a lot more ice time. Routinely limiting Buch’s minutes to the extent AV does is detrimental to the team’s success

Reactions: nyr2k2

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Coach is so dumb ... since Buch has offensive skill, coach sees him as some kind of liability and plays the other guys more. But the other guys aren't lock-down defensive players either. They all make dumb plays. The result of Coach's suppression of Buch's ice time is we get less offensive skill but little or no improvement in defensive play.

AV could stand to read the bible: "Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works...."

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Our biggest issue is, and has been all season, the inability to control the puck in the O-zone. There are a handful of players on our team who are capable of doing that. Nash, Buchnevich and Fast are the best at doing that. Those players need to play the most minutes otherwise the season is just an endless string of turnovers and breakaways going the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad