Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Our biggest issue is, and has been all season, the inability to control the puck in the O-zone. There are a handful of players on our team who are capable of doing that. Nash, Buchnevich and Fast are the best at doing that. Those players need to play the most minutes otherwise the season is just an endless string of turnovers and breakaways going the other way.
That's a good point. We are rarely on the forecheck. I don't know enough to say whether this is the fault of the player or of the coach/system.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Our biggest issue is, and has been all season, the inability to control the puck in the O-zone. There are a handful of players on our team who are capable of doing that. Nash, Buchnevich and Fast are the best at doing that. Those players need to play the most minutes otherwise the season is just an endless string of turnovers and breakaways going the other way.
.....fast?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The fact that Buch in one of his best games still can't get more 5v5 ice time than Lettieri, Holland, Fast, Grabner, Vesey just shows how dumb this coach is.

It would be some feat to lead a playoff team in points without averaging 15 minutes per game. Its not a certainty, but there's a chance he leads the team in points and we make the playoffs. It would show how incompetent our coach is.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I think I’ve seen enough of Pavel. He’s had plenty of chances to take the next step these past few seasons. I’m left wanting more. Yes I know he’s still on the young side. But with Spooner and Names on board I think we get rid of him while we still can. He’s at best a second line 45 Point winger. He is also brittle, and lazy and quite frankly seems very unmotivated. It actually bothers me to watch him on the ice.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think I’ve seen enough of Pavel. He’s had plenty of chances to take the next step these past few seasons. I’m left wanting more. Yes I know he’s still on the young side. But with Spooner and Names on board I think we get rid of him while we still can. He’s at best a second line 45 Point winger. He is also brittle, and lazy and quite frankly seems very unmotivated. It actually bothers me to watch him on the ice.

Second NHL season and you already know what his career will be like? What a ridiculous post.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016

Good idea. Trade our only young player with high skill.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Let me play it out for you. Pavel is moved for picks I assume. So Clark will take this pick(s), go and draft another high skilled, lazy Russian. How would you be able to survive this catch-22?

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->