Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
feels good to see him finally here and doing what we thought he could and would do. :handclap:

my how things have changed in one year.

buchy here

the reach from 2010 no longer here

and now we just need the albatross to fly away :laugh:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Wish he made a smarter decision on the Human goal, positioning-wise.

But again, hard to not like the majority of what he's done.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
feels good to see him finally here and doing what we thought he could and would do. :handclap:

my how things have changed in one year.

buchy here

the reach from 2010 no longer here

and now we just need the albatross to fly away :laugh:

Girardi can hardly skate and you want him to fly?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I wish he took more shots, but it's hard to not be happy with what he's doing.

I actually want the opposite.

The genius coach has been saying that he needs to shoot more. He took some bad shots yesterday. He's such a smart hockey player, lets let him make his own decisions. Those shots he took that were bad shots might've ended up as goals, if he had made the extra pass.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I actually want the opposite.

The genius coach has been saying that he needs to shoot more. He took some bad shots yesterday. He's such a smart hockey player, lets let him make his own decisions. Those shots he took that were bad shots might've ended up as goals, if he had made the extra pass.

This. Contrary to popular belief, getting the puck to the net isn't always the best play. Otherwise the best you become with that mindset is Evander Kane.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This. Contrary to popular belief, getting the puck to the net isn't always the best play. Otherwise the best you become with that mindset is Evander Kane.

Thank you! I hate it when these old school color commentators like Joe throw in every cliche in the book about getting shots on net solving all of the world's problems.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York

Ehh...that is not what makes a player Evander Kane. He gets away with it because he can out physical himself into a lane. Rarely does he actually make a smart decision to be able to put the puck on net most of the time in a timely manner. Though he's had a hot streak recently.

Shot selection I'd argue is very important in today's NHL, but not to where it prevents blitzing the goalie

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
I think the thing that impresses me the most about him is not his high end skill but the ability to always make the smart play and the skilled play at the same time and at his age. This kid looks like he's gonna be a good one.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Buch already has one of the best cellys in the league. I always wait for it when he scores, lol:

w768xh576_2017-01-18T020016Z_496439506_NOCID_RTRMADP_3_NHL-DALLAS-STARS-AT-NEW-YORK-RANGERS.jpg

Vernie

Aug 21, 2010
Buch already has one of the best cellys in the league. I always wait for it when he scores, lol:

w768xh576_2017-01-18T020016Z_496439506_NOCID_RTRMADP_3_NHL-DALLAS-STARS-AT-NEW-YORK-RANGERS.jpg

No wonder he's got a bad back!

I've been waiting to make a jersey purchase for a few years, and am awfully tempted to grab one.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Thank you! I hate it when these old school color commentators like Joe throw in every cliche in the book about getting shots on net solving all of the world's problems.

I have no issues with the philosophy of shooting from anywhere. I do have an issue with that philosophy if you have a lack of desire from the forward group to have a consistent net front presence.

Forcing the goalie to work from any angle is never a bad thing. It is however wasted when that goalie has nothing else to think about when making the stop.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I have no issues with the philosophy of shooting from anywhere. I do have an issue with that philosophy if you have a lack of desire from the forward group to have a consistent net front presence.

Forcing the goalie to work from any angle is never a bad thing. It is however wasted when that goalie has nothing else to think about when making the stop.

But even with traffic in front that's not the only philosophy and not always the best one. Joe pretends like that's the only way to play hockey.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
We all would gree that we are happy with the addition of Vesey as he has
11-8-19 and a +/- of -8 in 45 games

Well Buch has
6-8-14 and a +/- of +5 in 14 games

I am truly ecstatic about this.......jeez, somehow, and some way, we've really lucked out to even be competitive with some of these teams that have gone through lean years and lots of suffering. And with some teams that are simply fortunate to have good GM's, that know what the hell they are doing.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

Well Buch has

I am truly ecstatic about this.......jeez, somehow, and some way, we've really lucked out to even be competitive with some of these teams that have gone through lean years and lots of suffering. And with some teams that are simply fortunate to have good GM's, that know what the hell they are doing.

I'm confused to what you are saying or proving in this? (in regards to the +/-)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I am extremely happy with Vesey. He is a middle-six player that did not cost us anything. Buchnevich to me was always the more talented player with a much higher ceiling.

Vesey was expected to be much more because he won the Hobey Baker and the hype during the summer.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta

Well Buch has

Thought it was common knowledge by now that +/- was useless. He's running on fourth line with Lindberg and Pirri. Very weak line defensively, particularly Pirri.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He didn't score yesterday but I thought it was one of his best games.

Agreed. He was all over the place. I ws not expecting him to be this solid so quickly after returning. I love the fact that we drafted this kid with a pick we got in the Nash trade haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad