Injury Report: Pavel Buchnevich: Concussion

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
There's a line from one of my favorite shows, Justified, I hope you can see the paralells. I am altering it so you don't think I am flaming you:

If you run into a knucklehead in the morning, you ran into a knucklehead.
If you run into knuckleheads all day long, chances are you're the knucklehead.

Edit: BTW this is an internet sports forum, if you think I take stuff seriously here, I have a bridge to sell you. Why on God's green earth would anyone take my posts seriously? I put that occupation so when I am sarcastic, which is 98% of the time people will stop and realize it because I don't use smilies because they're like gold stars and are for 3 year old's.
I don’t take things too seriously either. However I am in here to have serious back and forth about my Hockey team which is one of the only things outside of my family I care about really. So if people attack me or my posts it doesn’t hurt me in any way but I will respond because it’s what I do.

It’s also annoying that people (kids) come on here to try and sabotage threads with attacking lists or annoying comments because they don’t have anything better to do

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
It just looks like a normal high-low collision, they happen at least a few times a game. The injury was a freak occurrence and certainly not a head shot.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Jake Gardiner

All kidding aside If he got a concussion from that we have a serious problem on our hands. The Rangers better consider flipping him now while there is still some value because of his age and potential upside before he turns into the next Sauer

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
All kidding aside If he got a concussion from that we have a serious problem on our hands. The Rangers better consider flipping him now while there is still some value because of his age and potential upside before he turns into the next Sauer
Eh his head was turned in an awkward position prior to the elbow so I think that's why he was vulnerable to a concussion, his previous concussion 5 years ago was from a very hard hit to the head and it was still a very mild concussion; he was playing again within a week. We're yet to know the severity of this one but I don't think 2 concussions in 5 years (possibly both mild) constitutes a concussion-prone player

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
You mean the one I responded to 35 minutes ago? That one?
Shinchanyo posted this...
I get the feeling you're the LAST person to represent what everyone on this board thinks. Just to be clear, I say that because nearly everything you've said has been universally mocked and deride

I responded with ...
r. As far as my opinions being “universally mocked” I DARE YOU to Argue these stats 138/381 vs 93/3517. That would be likes to total posts mine vs yours. Whose opinions seem more universally liked. Do the math genius.:sarcasm:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Shinchanyo pos ted this...
I get the feeling you're the LAST person to represent what everyone on this board thinks. Just to be clear, I say that because nearly everything you've said has been universally mocked and deride

I responded with ...
r. As far as my opinions being “universally mocked” I DARE YOU to Argue these stats 138/381 vs 93/3517. That would be likes to total posts mine vs yours. Whose opinions seem more universally liked. Do the math genius.:sarcasm:
:laugh:

Yes, you don't need to reference it for me. As I've said, I've already responded to it:

This has been explained to you. Most of shinchanyo's posts happened before the like system was introduced. 138 likes on 381 posts is a shockingly low total. Nearly two thirds of your posts don't generate enough of a positive reaction to motivate someone to click a button.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Dude you are actually way off the reservation. And no I don’t know of anyone who jokes around about someone getting cancer. As far as my opinions being “universally mocked” I DARE YOU to Argue these stats 138/381 vs 93/3517. That would be likes to total posts mine vs yours. Whose opinions seem more universally liked. Do the math genius.:sarcasm:
How much you want to bet that, since the like system has been started, my post- like ratio is higher than yours?

Loser leaves the board.

Hate to tell you kiddo, cancer's genetic, half my family's had it. We joked with each other. Countless comedians have joked about topics so terrible it makes cancer look like a minor problem. Life's tragic. Jokes are a natural human way to minimize that tragedy and re-take agency over things that normally are out of our hands. You don't like it? That's certainly your prerogative. But I honestly think you played it up to try to re-take power in this conversation bc I embarrassed you.

The joke isn't about cancer btw. There is a reference to cancer but the cancer is not the joke. The joke is your opinion/the absurdity of blaming injuries and physical health on refusing to assault a player in the face with a piece of wood. It's very telling that you're ignoring this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Siddi

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
How much you want to bet that, since the like system has been started, my post- like ratio is higher than yours?

Loser leaves the board.

Hate to tell you kiddo, cancer's genetic, half my family's had it. We joked with each other. Countless comedians have joked about topics so terrible it makes cancer look like a minor problem. Life's tragic. Jokes are a natural human way to minimize that tragedy and re-take agency over things that normally are out of our hands. You don't like it? That's certainly your prerogative. But I honestly think you played it up to try to re-take power in this conversation bc I embarrassed you.

The joke isn't about cancer btw. There is a reference to cancer but the cancer is not the joke. The joke is your opinion/the absurdity of blaming injuries and physical health on refusing to assault a player in the face with a piece of wood. It's very telling that you're ignoring this.

Yes by the way when guys come after your head I say get your stick up into the other players teeth. It’ll keep you from getting hurt. That’s the game. However I’m actually going to leave this thread right now. Ive been embarrassed by reading where this thread is going.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Yes by the way when guys come after your head I say get your stick up into the other players teeth. It’ll keep you from getting hurt. That’s the game. However I’m actually going to leave this thread right now. Ive been embarrassed by reading where this thread is going.

Putting your stick in someone's face will just draw retaliation. Which results in more potential for injury (for you and others), ignoring the guy you just thwacked/jabbed in the face. This is basic logic here, bud. Feel free to leave though. It's what I do whenever people point out that I'm wrong

Reactions: nyr2k2

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Putting your stick in someone's face will just draw retaliation. Which results in more potential for injury (for you and others), ignoring the guy you just thwacked/jabbed in the face. This is basic logic here, bud. Feel free to leave though. It's what I do whenever people point out that I'm wrong
Are you saying turn the other cheek UN?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I'm saying take the PP. Don't be a moron and get take a retaliatory or worse, get chucked

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
"Getting their number" is something I have no problem with. Wait for the opportunity, then give him a nice big, CLEAN hit. Don't pull a Nyquist and stab someone in the face with your stick

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
"Getting their number" is something I have no problem with. Wait for the opportunity, then give him a nice big, CLEAN hit. Don't pull a Nyquist and stab someone in the face with your stick

But what if the Ref is skating in the other direction....

I agree there is a "gentlemen's agreement" of where the line is, but the hidden rules of hockey are also silently accepted.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
But what if the Ref is skating in the other direction....

I agree there is a "gentlemen's agreement" of where the line is, but the hidden rules of hockey are also silently accepted.

If you're the type of Lucic/Rinaldo/Torres guy to pull that, then you're scum. All there is to it

Reactions: nyr2k2

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
If you're the type of Lucic/Rinaldo/Torres guy to pull that, then you're scum. All there is to it

Lucic? No.

The others and similar pure dirt players, yes, but I wasn't referring to them.

I was watching a replay the other day where a young Super Mario had to be held down by his own team to prevent him from kicking the shit out of , then ref, Kerry Fraser.

In the NHL, even the greats pick their spots, so when I and most other posters take about double threat players/teams, skill plus nastiness, I'm not talking about good squads or 4th line rats.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
There's legitimately only one way to stop cheapshots....and that's having an absolutely lethal power play.

And even then..

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

Well of course you're embarrassed, you've been acting like a silly billy. It's ok we've all been there.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad