Paul Steigerwald's contract

SwordofStMichael

Apr 4, 2013
Was watching a playoff game via Canadian stream last week..thought game was dull & boring typical chip-chase-grind..folks on twitter it was uber-exciting..wanted to see what I was missing so switched over to NBC feed..Doc was screaming for every shot attempt..that sudden jolt of excitement from announcer colors perception of the game

Canadian announcer let the crowd reaction color preception

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Everybody knows my son is a Devils fan, right? He loves Doc. One of my favorite trolls ever ... told him Doc had been in an accident. He was all O Noes ... I said, yeah, on his driiiiiiiiiiive to work he Hit.The.lampPost. :laugh: He didn't find it funny, for some reason :laugh:

Personally, Doc is my least favorite announcer. Not a fan of that old timey baseball on the radio style he has.

Root invited Doc up to the Pirates booth last season. After about two minutes of listening to Greg Brown butcher pbp, Doc basically decided to call the rest of the inning. Incredible work by him in that game.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I remember reading this read before I joined in 2011. I liked the idea of letting go of Steigerwald and bringing in Doc because I believe his contract expired with MSG.

I'd hope Steve Mears would be in consideration to replace Steigerwald, if he'd want the job that is, he seems to have a nice set up on NHL Network already doing NHL Live and USA World Junior games.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
If you gave Dave Strader Thorne's voice he'd be the best in the biz.

Strader is great at his job, his only flaw is that he doesn't have a really memorable voice. Thorne is a pretty lousy technical announcer with a glorious announcing voice.

Personally I love Emrick and prefer him over Thorne a ton...it's the secondary cast that ESPN blew NBC out of the water with.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
If you gave Dave Strader Thorne's voice he'd be the best in the biz.

Strader is great at his job, his only flaw is that he doesn't have a really memorable voice. Thorne is a pretty lousy technical announcer with a glorious announcing voice.

Personally I love Emrick and prefer him over Thorne a ton...it's the secondary cast that ESPN blew NBC out of the water with.

And the theme song and NHL 2Nite. You can't forget the theme song.

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I'll take Jim Hughson, please. I know Canadians hate him because they say he's biased but 1) his voice is audible chocolate 2) you wont take a nap because he isnt Bob Cole and 3) they dont know what real homerism is unless they've heard a Flyers/Penguins/Capitals hometown announcers.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I'll take Jim Hughson, please. I know Canadians hate him because they say he's biased but 1) his voice is audible chocolate 2) you wont take a nap because he isnt Bob Cole and 3) they dont know what real homerism is unless they've heard a Flyers/Penguins/Capitals hometown announcers.

Hughson's voice is amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad