Confirmed with Link: Paul Stastny one year 3.75

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Jason Spezza at under $1 million. He did that from the fourth line as well.
He's an extraordinary example. He's either playing in Toronto for league min or retiring. He's not coming here for 700k. For the most part it seems like 0.5 ppg Cs are in the 3.5-5m range depending on term.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He's an extraordinary example. He's either playing in Toronto for league min or retiring. He's not coming here for 700k. For the most part it seems like 0.5 ppg Cs are in the 3.5-5m range depending on term.

Most players Stastbys age that produce ok don't get paid much. Perry is another example.

Please find me another player Paul's age making that much as a UFA.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Most players Stastbys age that produce ok don't get paid much. Perry is another example.

Please find me another player Paul's age making that much as a UFA.

there isn't b/c hardly any1 produces at 0.5 ppg at stastny's age this ufa year

getzlaf signed for 3M he produced inferior to stastny and then consider basically he's half his life in cali.

34-36 year old Cs that signed this past year.

upload_2021-8-10_20-6-23.png

id rather have stastny even at 35 years old on a 1 year x 3.75m deal than multi-year deals for granlund at 5M, Wennberg at 4.5M or danualt at 5.6m or boone jenner at 3.75m.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
there isn't b/c hardly any1 produces at 0.5 ppg at stastny's age this ufa year

getzlaf signed for 3M he produced inferior to stastny and then consider basically he's half his life in cali.

34-36 year old Cs that signed this past year.

View attachment 460534

id rather have stastny even at 35 years old on a 1 year x 3.75m deal than multi-year deals for granlund at 5M, Wennberg at 4.5M or danualt at 5.6m or boone jenner at 3.75m.
Nice post

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If we are out of the playoffs what’s tdl value?

I'd say a 2nd tops. But I also think the Jets management should be looking at forward prospects.

Jets have been adding through attrition, and conceivably Perfetti and Gustafsson replace Copp and Stats next season. Maybe Reichel gets a look in Nash's place.

But beyond that take those two guys off the Moose next year, and you are only looking at adding Nathan Smith. Guys like Lucius and Rashevsky are probably two years away.

So the depth of the Jets will be tested at forward, without any new additions. And it's very rare that the Jets get a Svetchnikov on the market, it's usually the Letestu, Bourque, Lewis variety that have no other options.

I think Stastny is probably the difference though in this team making the playoffs and missing it. Jets management has to be hoping for the former, with the money they have invested this year.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'd say a 2nd tops. But I also think the Jets management should be looking at forward prospects.

Jets have been adding through attrition, and conceivably Perfetti and Gustafsson replace Copp and Stats next season. Maybe Reichel gets a look in Nash's place.

But beyond that take those two guys off the Moose next year, and you are only looking at adding Nathan Smith. Guys like Lucius and Rashevsky are probably two years away.

So the depth of the Jets will be tested at forward, without any new additions. And it's very rare that the Jets get a Svetchnikov on the market, it's usually the Letestu, Bourque, Lewis variety that have no other options.

I think Stastny is probably the difference though in this team making the playoffs and missing it. Jets management has to be hoping for the former, with the money they have invested this year.
Lewis would be great on jets right now since our pk is awful. A big step up on Nash. We might have to move a piece like Samberg or a Chisholm for an equivalent forward.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Lewis would be great on jets right now since our pk is awful. A big step up on Nash. We might have to move a piece like Samberg or a Chisholm for an equivalent forward.

I think our PK is awful mostly because Dillon and Pionk haven't been good together. And with the loss of Forbort, Stanley is a very questionalble #1 PK d-man.

I wouldn't fault the forwards as much.

I'd like to get Apples back (off thread), but I was thinking along the same lines as you, giving up a prospect d-man (I said Gawanke though).

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think our PK is awful mostly because Dillon and Pionk haven't been good together. And with the loss of Forbort, Stanley is a very questionalble #1 PK d-man.

I wouldn't fault the forwards as much.

I'd like to get Apples back (off thread), but I was thinking along the same lines as you, giving up a prospect d-man (I said Gawanke though).
I haven’t been a big Dillion fan period. I think Stan lately has been better than demelo. We have a lot of prospect d men ppl really like around here in chis, Samberg, Heinola, kov, gawanke. If they can bring back an equivalent we are looking at depth forwards for need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad