Injury Report: Paul Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Great to hear definitely brightened up the damp in my mood. Now onto *****ing about Bolland not coming back and Reimer's play

mikebel111*

Wait, so he can step back in and play already? If so that's awesome, would much rather have him over an inexperienced Marlies player right now

Wow! What a guy! Amazing motivation and dedication right there.
Hope he isnt rushing it though, however if he is fine than sure come play.
What a great story!
He has been through a lot and this shows his desire.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Solid stuff, I actually really like him as the 7th d-man, he makes solid plays from time to time but isn't good with alot of minutes.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Wow. The way he was down and the whole situation had many of us hoping for the best but bracing for the worst. Really glad he's alright!

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
I've had my share of neck and spinal injuries, I thought for sure he'd be out the way he was down.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Wait, so he can step back in and play already? If so that's awesome, would much rather have him over an inexperienced Marlies player right now

Agreed 100%. As much as I'd like to see what Granberg or Percy could do, Ranger has actually been playing good lately and we do NOT need any more inexperience on our blue-line.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I heard today that there was no suspension, I agree with that, but why did Kadri and Clarkson get suspended earlier this year, both of which appeared to be less serious hits?

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Dirty suspend the guy 5 games minimum

Ranger got fancy and when you get fancy like that this is what can happen. Why would the player get suspended, Ranger was dragging the play. If Ranger plays the puck when he first had the chance and not turning into the board to play the puck-- he does not get injured. It was not a smart hockey move by ranger

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Ranger got fancy and when you get fancy like that this is what can happen. Why would the player get suspended, Ranger was dragging the play. If Ranger plays the puck when he first had the chance and not turning into the board to play the puck-- he does not get injured. It was not a smart hockey move by ranger

I agree no suspension was needed, the same with Kadri and Clarkson's suspensions were a mistake. In all those hits there was no intention to injure. I think the Leafs may have a beef that their players were suspended, but not other teams for similar hits.

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
these guys are told to play until the buzzer goes.

I don't think there should be have been a suspension either, but this is a dumb ****ing rationale that I've seen a lot of people drop.

Players play 'to the buzzer' all the time. But not all of them track a guy for a hit from the blue line in to the exclusion of all else while neither one of them has the puck, and certainly not late in a period on a powerplay with a lead.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I agree no suspension was needed, the same with Kadri and Clarkson's suspensions were a mistake. In all those hits there was no intention to injure. I think the Leafs may have a beef that their players were suspended, but not other teams for similar hits.

By Clarkson suspension, you mean the 2 games for hitting Sobotka in the head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad