Injury Report: Paul Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I'm more than willing to give Granberg or Percy a shot, this 7D thing works much better than 12 Forwards.

K19*

I feel sick. Had to change the channel. Did he ever move his arms? Ugh.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
That sux. Unfortunate series of events. First and more importantly I really hope he's ok and he makes a full recovery. 2nd I would like Granberg to get the call, but it might end up being Holzer.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
...I think that fractured his neck... :(

That's what it looked like to me.

He was taken off the ice with good vitals, taken in the back and imaged in the ACC then sent I imagine to the University Hospital Network with the images and video.

:(

SourGrapes

You Kids Out There
Dec 30, 2013
Mimico
Much as it got me even more worked up with nerves, the length of time the paramedics/trainers took was great to see. They really are terrific, ensuring his spine was stable and making a smooth transition onto the stretcher. Lord knows even ten years ago we wouldn't have seen that.

Hope he's alright, didn't look good. Would be awful to see a guy that worked so hard to get back into the game gone so soon.

MrLegend28*

my phone just alerted hes "stable, conscious and alert after leaving game; taken to hospital for precautionary reasons"

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I couldn't watch the game, but the fellas on TSN Radio said he gave the crowd a thumbs up as he was leaving the building. I really hope the guy's ok and doesn't suffer any long term affects. He really elevated his level of play recently.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Hope it's just stiffness because that's the best case scenario I can think of after that impact. Glad to hear he's alert and conscious. Poor thing :( Hope he has a speedy recovery.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Hope it's just stiffness because that's the best case scenario I can think of after that impact. Glad to hear he's alert and conscious. Poor thing :( Hope he has a speedy recovery.

The way it looked, I have a bad feeling he's done for the season. Did not look good at all, especially with how long it took for him to show signs of consciousness. :(

Hopefully this isn't the end of his career (only reason I say that is because he said it was either the Leafs or nothing for him). I'd like to bring him back as the 7th guy, that potential is still there and he's been getting better constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad