Injury Report: Paul Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamle

Nov 13, 2013
yay, so glad for him.

(perhaps he saw how ****** the team was afterward and said "Eff it, I'm going back" but "No, you're not" said the doc).

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Wow amazed and happy that looked just awful I was almost sure he had a serious injury so amazing thank goodness I was wrong! He has been playing great lately too!

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Paul Hendrick
‏@HennyTweets
Great news that Paul ranger is declared fit and good to go. #TMLtalk

this is actually shocking. talk about going from one extreme to the other.

i wonder if a lot of what we saw on the ice was the drs/trainers being SUPER cautious (as they should). we couldnt really see his face/head. anyone know if it was a head issue? a face issue? a neck issue?

either way, what a beast.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Dude's a beast, honestly thought he was done for the season.

Happy for him since he seems like a quality guy, and was really starting to play well for us.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
he looked good in this interview http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=582819

I just hope he doesn't loose his physical edge. I noticed lately he has been using his physicality to separate the opponent from the puck, as well as provide a general physical presence - this is a HUGE and needed asset for the leafs blue line since losing Fraser. Honestly loved his quiet game lately and I am probably one of his greatest critics. Overall I couldnt be happier that he is ok, seems like a real stand up guy and definitely heart/soul locker room guy... wishing him the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

cynicism

Aug 13, 2008
I hope he's actually alright and this isn't just another case of the Leafs medical staff ignoring the Hippocratic oath (Reimer, Grabs, Colbourne, etc)

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I'd be curious to see what people's opinions are on whether he'll be re-signed or not now. In the first half of the season it would have been an overwilling no. So glad that he's been able to turn it around.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I'd be curious to see what people's opinions are on whether he'll be re-signed or not now. In the first half of the season it would have been an overwilling no. So glad that he's been able to turn it around.

I never thought he was particularly bad at any point, obviously some bad games here and there but overall he has played the entire year with a physical edge that is sorely missing from most of our D.

So yes, I'd love for him to be resigned at a low value contract and continue to provide some toughness and mostly responsible play. If he doesn't want to leave Toronto he won't be asking for big money and those are the contracts this team is desperate for after locking up 20+ million for the next 7 years in 3 players. Especially since only 1 of those contracts is worth it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad