Confirmed with Link: Paul Martin signs-4 year deal / AAV $4.85m

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
I haven't watched Paul Martin enough recently, but first thing that sticks out is that we didn't want to extend Boyle because he was an aging defenseman, yet we give Paul Martin a contract that would make him 38 by the end of the contract?

Do you guys think that Paul Martin's game isn't declining in the same manner that Boyle's did/is?

SHAR KS

Choking Hazard
Dec 7, 2011
4 years for a 34 year old. Should have just overpaid for franson or Sekera.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 51s51 seconds ago

Winning a Stanley Cup is a priority for Paul Martin so he clearly believes Sharks are back in that mix. He had options.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
I like it. Martin is very solid. Exactly what the Sharks need. I just hope he stays solid for atleast 3 years out of the four. :)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This is better than the rumored 4 year extension of the acquired Kevin Bieksa but the interesting thing is that it would lead one to believe that Mueller will start in the AHL and that they still have to figure out who is on the right side of the 3rd pairing. At this point, I assume the d-pairings are like this...

Vlasic-Burns/Braun
Martin-Burns/Braun
Dillon-???

Either they're not done or they're going internal for the last right d-man.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
would have preferred Sekera, but very pleased with Martin. Hopefully we are greedy and go for Franson as well.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
The Sharks quest to get a defenseman who can play top four minutes on the right side has concluded. We may soon find out this quests purpose. I'm looking at the value of burns right now. Even if their desired deal falls through, the good thing about Martin is he can play on the left side too

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
One note on Sekera, he may want to prove he is a #1. In SJ, he'd be our #3 at even strength, #3/4 on the PK (Dillon?), and, #2/3 on PP (Pavelski). Edmonton he'd be the #1 in all situations, with the possible exception of PK.

My belief is we weren't in on him, but it's possible that Doug offered a similar offer and was turned down.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
We should've signed Sekera :facepalm:

Sekera gets 6x5.5 . DW couldn't do that?

Do you think thats how it works? Really? Do players just always follow the money? Maybe Sekera liked what he was seeing in edmonton better and decided that was his best option. It baffles me when people think we (or any team) can sign any player that gets signed to another team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad