Paul MacLean joins coaching staff

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Not sure I follow. Maurice?

You're implying this is Marty St. Louis 2.0, "how many times is the team going to have to....?"

Marty St. Louis was an advisor who flew in from Connecticut every now and then to help players during PP practice. He wasn't the PP coach, Larsen was.

Paul Maclean has been hired as a full time regular assistant coach. He'll stand behind the bench and take over all of the PP related tasks Larsen used to do, possibly more.

This isn't something the club has done before.

LOL I'm an idiot. Totally distracted all afternoon. Obviously yeah, MacLean.

The club has, in the past, brought in a previously-not-with-the-club person to work with the power play because it was sucking. It has done so again. Thus my contention that "the nature" of my question remains unchanged.

But OK let's make it all about semantics. The MacLean thing isn't the same as the MS thing. Then it's fair to make the argument that things are worse now that a mere special advisor won't cut it, that the solution is a full-blown full-time new assistant coach.

Thanks for helping me fill up this thread.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
LOL I'm an idiot. Totally distracted all afternoon. Obviously yeah, MacLean.

The club has, in the past, brought in a previously-not-with-the-club person to work with the power play because it was sucking. It has done so again.

But OK let's make it all about semantics. The MacLean thing isn't the same as the MS thing. Then it's fair to make the argument that things are worse now that a mere special advisor won't cut it, that the solution is a full-blown full-time new assistant coach.

Thanks for helping me fill up this thread.

I don't think it's semantics if this is the first time Larsen has been replaced as PP coach.

But yes, we generate tons of free content to support ad space. Thankfully it's a low bar in terms of quality.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I don't think it's semantics if this is the first time Larsen has been replaced as PP coach.

But yes, we generate tons of free content to support ad space. Thankfully it's a low bar in terms of quality.

And of course I get a cut of all ad revenue as a moderator.

tenor.gif

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Why wouldn’t he be ? It’s Torts that has had a top 10 powerplay 2 times in his coaching career . Think about that , only 2 of torts teams have had better than an average powerplay. This is a problem with Torts and the teams he coaches, not Larsen , and Torts knows that .
Just keep cherry picking those stats. Think about it, he won a cup and made a conference finals with below aveage power plays. He made the playoffs 11 times with below aveage power plays. Your arguement is weak.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
It's semantics to say that the team deeming it necessary to hire someone to work with the power play and the team deeming it necessary to hire someone to work with the power play are different.

Guy ain't working for free either. If he works out something will give somewhere. The Jackets aren't going hire coach upon coach until all 25 of them get it right. Certainly getting himself back into the limelight is his priority though. Maybe there's a short term agreement. Who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad