Management Paul Fenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
This plan skips the most important part of a rebuild.
Suck for 2-4 years and luck into 1-3 superstar players

If he thinks Kaprizov (or Fiala/Donato) is going to be a superstar then you can skip the sucking part. Do I think it will work, not really, but he is taking less risk than drafting the next Reinharts, Stromes, etc with those high picks and years of bad hockey. They might be able to skip out on the "loser mindset" that can set in with teams.

This is a bold stratagy, that is probably going to blow up in his face, thinking outside the box does work once in awhile. I'm still ready to see if @Bazeek will share some of his ether after today's (and this season) deals.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Did Leipold not realize that negotiating deals is kind of an important part of a GM's job?

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
If he thinks Kaprizov (or Fiala/Donato) is going to be a superstar then you can skip the sucking part. Do I think it will work, not really, but he is taking less risk than drafting the next Reinharts, Stromes, etc with those high picks and years of bad hockey. They might be able to skip out on the "loser mindset" that can set in with teams.

This is a bold stratagy, that is probably going to blow up in his face, thinking outside the box does work once in awhile. I'm still ready to see if @Bazeek will share some of his ether after today's (and this season) deals.

Who is the last “Superstar” that at 22 you didn’t already know they were a “Superstar”?

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
And remember his earlier moves, loading up on LHD in the form of Hunt and Bitetto, even though we already had Suter, Brodin, and Seeler. :huh:

He will ice all-LW/LD lines/pairings. Opponents will be in chaos, because Wild will play left the side with the double crew.

They just like keep coming, man...
#modernhockey

Reactions: Mookie Blaylock

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I gotta be honest with you, the 2019, 2020 and 2021 free agent classes are all horse ****. And that's assuming everyone currently set to become a free agent in those years even makes it that far.
Someone please explain how paying Anders Lee 6.0+ million/year is better than Nino at $5.25 million/year or paying Brock Nelson 6.5+ million/year is better than Coyle at $3.2 million/year.

Reactions: BlackBusa24

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who is the last “Superstar” that at 22 you didn’t already know they were a “Superstar”?

Panarin. I didn't know who he was before he started playing for the Hawks at 24.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bet that Fenton locks up Greenway with a long term contract this summer. Maybe Ek/Kunin.
These moves might also intended to get BB, Parise, and Suter out of town. BB, in particular, might not be down with the rebuild.

Staal better play his ass off for the rest of the year.

Zucker is gonzo. We simply don't have that many spots on LW, and his game is not suited for playing on the off wing. His outside/Mohawk moves are the best that he has, unlike Nino's quick inside move .

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Bet that Fenton locks up Greenway with a long term contract this summer. Maybe Ek/Kunin.
These moves might also intended to get BB, Parise, and Suter out of town. BB, in particular, might not be down with the rebuild.

Staal better play his ass off for the rest of the year.

Zucker is gonzo. We simply don't have that many spots on LW, and his game is not suited for playing on the off wing. His outside/Mohawk moves are the best that he has, unlike Nino's quick inside move .
Yep. Look for Zucker for RNH type deal once Edmonton gets their GM situation figured out.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Is Panarin a Superstar? I don’t know that I would say he is.

If he's not then you're only talking about 6 players (Crosby, McDavid, Kane, Ovi, EK) in the league being superstars; that wouldn't even be one per draft year.

I have Panarin a tier below them in the same group with and MacK, Kucherov, Seguin, etc.

So it's an argument of semantics as much as anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad