Management Paul Fenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Niederreiter for Rask
Coyle for Donato + 5th
Granlund for Fiala

Downgraded three forwards and got a 5th for his trouble.

I don't hate the Coyle/Donato trade. I thought both sides came out ok there. The Nino/Rask deal can't be defended....and at least we get a good young player back in Fiala....but man, there needed to be more coming back.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Niederreiter for Rask
Coyle for Donato + 5th
Granlund for Fiala

Downgraded three forwards and got a 5th for his trouble.

And if his plan was to sign Duchene, Stone or Panarin this summer, well, one of them is already off the market, and I highly doubt Panarin would ever consider us. That leaves Duchene and if we're being honest he's not coming here either. We're barely a contender for the playoffs, let alone the cup.

I really don't know what the future has in store for us anymore and it doesn't help that this asshole isn't even divulging some kind of vision for what he wants his team to look like. He's getting horrible value for his assets and we're left to pick up the pieces to decipher what it means.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
What's scary is that we blamed Fletcher for being too loyal to "his players." Meaning he was afraid to move them or upset them. Now it seems we have another guy who is being too loyal to his past players by giving up the farm to get them here.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

I'm really, really trying to keep an open mind on him, but he's selling for pennies on the dollar. Between the questionable 1st round pick this last year (that he didn't make, but oversaw), the Nino trade and now the Granlund trade, I'm losing any faith I had in him as a GM.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, I like Donato so far and I'm curious to see what Fiala's got, but I'll never understand how he fails to get so much as a 2nd back in any of these trades. Not even sure what to do but laugh.

It's embarrassing. It's like he's afraid to negotiate and afraid to ask for too much so he just settles for the one piece he wants and forgets about the rest.

Reactions: Bazeek

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
And if his plan was to sign Duchene, Stone or Panarin this summer, well, one of them is already off the market, and I highly doubt Panarin would ever consider us. That leaves Duchene and if we're being honest he's not coming here either. We're barely a contender for the playoffs, let alone the cup.

I really don't know what the future has in store for us anymore and it doesn't help that this ******* isn't even divulging some kind of vision for what he wants his team to look like. He's getting horrible value for his assets and we're left to pick up the pieces to decipher what it means.
The cap space for UFAs angle was always a little thin, but with Stone signed it seems pretty ridiculous. Maybe Duchene, but that's not very likely. Panarin's going to Florida.

Maybe he's lining up for that sweet Lucic + Puljujarvi deal.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe he's lining up for that sweet Lucic + Puljujarvi deal.

I know we've talked about not being surprised by anything he does anymore. But then the Granlund deal happens and I'm shocked that he could somehow outdo himself for bad moves.
At this point I'm fully expecting him to overpay a UFA, overpay our RFA's, or make a horrible trade this summer like Zucker for Lucic and Pulju.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm still perplexed at how he thought this was such a great deal for Granlund but couldn't come to an agreement with any of the numerous teams interested in Zucker.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
No teams will be negotiating in good faith from this point forward knowing that they can bully him into a bad deal.

Fenton is a clown.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I think he may value the cap space over picks right now.
Will it work? Time will tell.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
Gambling with the Wild future. Inspired by Donato's OT winner. Now it's all in.
where-to-find-help-for-a-gambling-problem2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad