Player Discussion Paul Byron

Status
Not open for further replies.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
They definitely will. With what he brings for his salary you have to.

Exactly, he has done nothing but improve since he was acquired. We can only hope he continues to improve all aspects of his game. If he can put up another 4-5 seasons or 15-20 goals and 40 or so points he will well be worth protecting.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I'd be reluctant to see him go but Byron has amplified his value so much by scoring 20 goals (a number of them in clutch situations) that he could become a key element in a trade for a #1 center.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'd be reluctant to see him go but Byron has amplified his value so much by scoring 20 goals (a number of them in clutch situations) that he could become a key element in a trade for a #1 center.

If there's a possibility for him to be a piece in a trade for a 1st line center you got to let him go. Sell high. Buy low.

But i don't think NHL GMs will value him that high. I don't dislike the guy but he's coming out of nowhere. He's not proven and he'll be 28 soon.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
If there's a possibility for him to be a piece in a trade for a 1st line center you got to let him go. Sell high. Buy low.

But i don't think NHL GMs will value him that high. I don't dislike the guy but he's coming out of nowhere. He's not proven and he'll be 28 soon.

Isn't Duchene 26 or so?

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
If I was GM.....I would be hard pressed to trade him.........after all I got him for nothing so the trade better improve my team big time....

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If I was GM.....I would be hard pressed to trade him.........after all I got him for nothing so the trade better improve my team big time....

Unless MB can sign Shipachev this summer he'll have no choice but to overpay for a center (unless he sees AG as one with more maturing). The other GMs will see him coming from a mile.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

That contract is nice though. He's also a solid, low maintenance player that can play in any situation. That's where teams will find value. Like you said though, he's under the radar.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
is it right that all 22 of his goal are at ES? holy ****! what a beaut

Yes.

One of the problem with him last year is close to 30% of his points came from the pk. Long term if you want to be an offensive player that's not sustainable. He had to become a better 5 on 5 player and he did this season. That's the big difference with last year imo.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I believe he has 21 ES goals, 1 SH goal.

even better! unreal. I'm not sold on him being a consistent 20 goal guy but I don't think it's too far fetched. He's pretty much paced for 10-15 goals in the 3 or so years before this one. If this is a career year I still don't think he'd fall off that much. 15 goal guy for 1.1 million is great. Hell he could even still get better.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Gotta admit he proved me wrong. Dude had a good year.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
22 goals and 40 points for a player who gets paid 1.16m...unbelievable!

There's still 4 games left, we might be talking about a 25 goal scorer when it's all said and done!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Mr. Lord Paul Byron Esq. Sir,
I wanted to thank you personally for a fantastic season.
I am equally impressed with your efforts this post season. It is unfortunate we don't have a stout Centerman who could create a little more time and space for you and provide a greater sense of security.
Many of us questioned MB's signing and timing thereof but now I'm questioning you...
Why didn't you take a one year Dude!
Sincerely a Habs fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad