Value of: Paul Byron generic value

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Is he worth a 2nd + 4th
Two 2nds
What is a 20 goal guy being payed 1.1mil worth as a rental?

He's worth a low 2nd or a high 3rd. He's a 165 pounds guy who made up the most off his high playing time on a terrible offensive team. He's not going to have any kind of success wherever he goes after Montreal.

From The Couch

Jan 14, 2014
West PQ
I'd argue he's very much worth a 2nd and a mid-tier prospect. Very valuable on the PK and is great top 9 secondary scoring threat

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
He's worth a low 2nd or a high 3rd. He's a 165 pounds guy who made up the most off his high playing time on a terrible offensive team. He's not going to have any kind of success wherever he goes after Montreal.

In both his 20 goal seasons he averaged about 15.30 minutes that's basically what a middle six player gets and is what he is no?

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Oh ye of little faith.

He is worth his weight in gold. Fantastic on the PK. Super Speed. Very versatile, can play both wings, can move up and down the line-up, he goes in the dirty areas. Plays with heart!

Coaches love these type of players!

A 2nd rounder is a gimme for Byron. And if he has another strong season and is pushing the 20+ goals plateau, if he becomes available at the TDL I wouldn't be surprised if a contender coughs up a late 1st for his services. Especially since he can be resigned quite easily!

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
He carved himself a niche on a dreadful hockey team, with no real notable success with the other organizations on his pedigree.

You're talking rental prices, so maybe you find someone that is willing to pay a premium. In a vacuum, though, I don't think Byron is worth all that much.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
He carved himself a niche on a dreadful hockey team, with no real notable success with the other organizations on his pedigree.

You're talking rental prices, so maybe you find someone that is willing to pay a premium. In a vacuum, though, I don't think Byron is worth all that much.

I know HF has the memory of a goldfish, but what do you think about the season before last when he scored 22 goals playing on the division winning team?

As has been mentioned, 20 goal scorer, great on the PK super fast, super cheap. He has value.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I know HF has the memory of a goldfish, but what do you think about the season before last when he scored 22 goals playing on the division winning team?

As has been mentioned, 20 goal scorer, great on the PK super fast, super cheap. He has value.

Not as much as everyone make it out to be. He has the value of a speciality player - see Grabner. That's pretty much his worth on the market.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
As a rental, I can see him getting a lot of attention. He's cheap, he's likely to fit on any team. Late first, early second isn't too crazy but is highly unlikely. Probably 2 assets, a second+ will get him.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
He is a solid player on a very good deal,why would MTL want to move him??
Montreal has an abundance of wingers (10 guys who could all play winger in the NHL next year). Bergevin will have to move a few or guys won't make the lineup or will be playing the 4th when they shouldn't be. Byron should be traded as younger/more skilled guys like Gallagher, Domi, Hudon, Lehkonen, Scherbak should be getting ice time. Also since he's on a steal of a contract and is a solid middle 6 guy as a rental he should gain interest.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Montreal has an abundance of wingers (10 guys who could all play winger in the NHL next year). Bergevin will have to move a few or guys won't make the lineup or will be playing the 4th when they shouldn't be. Byron should be traded as younger/more skilled guys like Gallagher, Domi, Hudon, Lehkonen, Scherbak should be getting ice time. Also since he's on a steal of a contract and is a solid middle 6 guy as a rental he should gain interest.
Easily

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
He is a solid player on a very good deal,why would MTL want to move him??
He’a on his last year of contract, we are likely not making the playoffs, would’nt make sense to hold on to him if you can get assets at the deadline, we can still sign him afterwards!

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Seems like you got the value about right. Will all depend on what the market looks like come next season.
Yeah he is a good player and can play anywhere in the top 9 score 15 to 20 and can pk ,he should for sure have that kind of value and maybe more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad