Signing(s): Patriots sign James Harrison

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I guess if he can make one or two plays for their playoff run it's worth it. Just didn't think BB would give up the roster spot.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He's washed but he'll probably pick up a sack or two against the Steelers if they play.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
tenor.gif

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
He'll make a big play in the AFC championship game vs the Steelers because that's how it works for the Pats.
Exactly. I realize he may have been "done" in Pittsburgh, but they will live to regret this if he either makes a yuuuuuge play in a possible AFC title tilt, or provides BB & Patricia enough inside info. (as if BB really needs this, though, when matching wits with Tomlin :laugh:). At this point I really hope KC, or whoever, knocks out the Pats in the divisional round.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
BB gunna be thrilled with all the weight room videos Harrison will be putting out

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Patriots are the worst defense in the league in regards to tackles at or behind the LOS. James Harrison led the entire postseason last year at tackles at or behind the LOS. It might be a short term fix to a glaring problem.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Harrison also had 1 sack and 3 pressures in 19 snaps. He can still rush the passer. He can't drop into coverage which is why he wasn't playing for Pittsburgh. Watt and Dupree are #1 and #3 as far as coverage drops among 3-4 OLB's.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Harrison also had 1 sack and 3 pressures in 19 snaps. He can still rush the passer. He can't drop into coverage which is why he wasn't playing for Pittsburgh. Watt and Dupree are #1 and #3 as far as coverage drops among 3-4 OLB's.

He has played 40 snaps, not 19.

15 of those were vs Eric Fisher and the Chiefs, who Harrison has notoriously done well against.

If anything the Pats are looking ahead to a potential game with the Chiefs and exploiting that matchup.

Reactions: TNT87

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
And he can rush the passer. The Patriots don't generate much pressure at all from the edge or interior. They play the ultimate bend but don't break style but stopping K.C. and Pittsburgh..you need to generate negative plays. Sure could use Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
And he can rush the passer. The Patriots don't generate much pressure at all from the edge or interior. They play the ultimate bend but don't break style but stopping K.C. and Pittsburgh..you need to generate negative plays. Sure could use Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins.

Kinda hard to say they could use Jones and Collins when they jettisoned both them on the way to the SB last year

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
As a Steelers fan I knew this was coming as soon as the announcement came out that he was released. Obvious signing for NE. Harrison still has some left in the tank, and he will be playing with quite a vengeance when he lines up across from #7.

Deebo still has some big plays left in him, I think.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Harrison's one of my favorite players of all-time, but I think he's pretty close to done. It's not just 1st rounders in Watt and Dupree, he had clearly fallen behind Anthony Chickillo as well. Hard to carry a guy on the roster who is that far down the depth chart and doesn't contribute on special teams.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Think the Harrison is going to give NE inside information angle is getting way overplayed.

Mainly because I don’t think Pittsburgh is getting by Jacksonville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad