Post-Game Talk: PATRIOTS @ J-E-T-S - Pats win 13th in a row over the S ┴ Ǝ ſ

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Definitely played a lot better after that pick 6

Idk what happened to his pocket presence tho, it wasn’t close to this bad last year. The line was pretty bad but at the same time a few of those sacks are on him for holding onto the ball way too long
I think his entire internal clock is f***ed up because of how poor the line is and the offensive coaching being what it is.

Say what you want about Jones ability, but he's not a stupid football player. You don't have the kind of rookie year he did if you don't make good decisions with the ball, read the field well, etc.

I see a ton of rushed throws that lead to incompletes, negative plays, and turnovers, or coverage sacks because he's doubting himself making tight window throws through progressions.

It's insane that this offense hasn't given them a bunch of quick hitter throws to complement the run game. Like 2s max ball release time type throws.

Lots of blame to go around for regression, it's not just Jones. He's not a top 10 QB, but he's not god awful like some think.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Got the Panthers +400 with like 2 mins to go. Crazy.

It’s weird hearing players (and coaches all around the league, former players, etc) praise the coaching staff. I was told by everyone with a single digit IQ that Bill, his son, Patricia and Judge all suck.

Well, I was also told by those same people that O’Brien and McDaniels were awful (of which nearly every nfl front office and the best programs in college football also disagree with you).
At the rate McDaniels is going, they are going to be able to bring him back this off-season... Great coordinator that just can't figure it out at the HC level

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Definitely played a lot better after that pick 6

Idk what happened to his pocket presence tho, it wasn’t close to this bad last year. The line was pretty bad but at the same time a few of those sacks are on him for holding onto the ball way too long

Seems to me that for Mac to be a good quarterback in the NFL his strengths will have to be (1) minimizing mistakes, (2) reading the play/seeing the field at an elite level, and (3) throwing accuracy.

Right now I wonder if worrying about mistakes is impacting his ability to read the play. At times it seems like guys are open down field, but he is not throwing it for fear of an interception, hence the delay in the pocket and the sacks.

That Pats need to commit to Mac for effectively the rest of the season, give him the first team practice reps and get him in a groove. At some point, he needs to show that he is capable of reading the play at an elite level, and if he does not I don't see any reason to continue working with him as the potential just is not there.

Reactions: CDJ

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
God I hope Mark Davis fires McDaniels and we bring him back

I DIDNT KNOW WHAT WE HAD IM SORRY FOR DOUBTING THE 3RD AND 7 DRAW PLAYS TO BRANDON BOLDEN
He'll just be telling Zappe to chuck it as far as he can on 3rd & 2

Although it is kinda comical that once again he's a giant fail at HC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Honestly. Yeah, Josh would call dumb shit. But I would bring his ass back for Matt without batting an eyelash. Get that pencil prick out of here. I can't STAND Patricia. It's a JOKE that he's our OC.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
My father would say those words aren't lady like but sorry, I can't help him. That smug bastard. He genuinely thinks great good.

Bill earned his smugness.
Hahabahaa.

No, I agree with you. As funny as it is watching him fail in Vegas I would take him back in a heartbeat as much as I've crapped on him.

Pencil gang isn't worth the time to bicker about.
Pretty sure everyone saw the writing on the wall before it was written when it comes to him.

Reactions: Mione134

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Seems to me that for Mac to be a good quarterback in the NFL his strengths will have to be (1) minimizing mistakes, (2) reading the play/seeing the field at an elite level, and (3) throwing accuracy.

Right now I wonder if worrying about mistakes is impacting his ability to read the play. At times it seems like guys are open down field, but he is not throwing it for fear of an interception, hence the delay in the pocket and the sacks.

That Pats need to commit to Mac for effectively the rest of the season, give him the first team practice reps and get him in a groove. At some point, he needs to show that he is capable of reading the play at an elite level, and if he does not I don't see any reason to continue working with him as the potential just is not there.
He's 20 games in roughly to his NFL career. Nearly every QB goes through something like this. Most QBs progressions arent a straight acension. There are ups and down and you have to ride it out.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

I DIDNT KNOW WHAT WE HAD IM SORRY FOR DOUBTING THE 3RD AND 7 DRAW PLAYS TO BRANDON BOLDEN
For real.

McDaniels would do several mindnumbingly boneheaded calls a game but overall in the grand scheme the end result was a very efficient offense. I could live with one or two 3rd down draws a night if they at least get some first downs on slants and screens again. Way more three & outs under Patricia/Judge.

I really don't understand what Josh was thinking. He kept turning down job offers which was understandable given how he failed in his previous coaching experience and nobody gets a third chance to be a HC after two failed stints. So being very selective about the situation he walked into made sense. He had decent opportunities (most notably Indianapolis. I believe that was the Phillip Rivers year so he could've had a good offense). But waiting all that time and going to the Raiders in 2022 just made no sense. Derek Carr is a good QB, they acquired Adams, but otherwise that team wasn't stacked (maybe if Henry Ruggs didn't kill that lady they'd have a dynamic downfield passing game), and the AFC West was an absolute nightmare scenario with KC being as good as ever, the Chargers on the upswing under Herbert, and the Broncos invested a lot last offseason (this was before anyone knew Russ was a pumpkin). It didn't make sense for anyone but he went anyway and is probably getting fired after one year and will never get an NFL HC job again.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

What have they done that’s so bad they haven’t messed up the run game. WR and TE are ok overall.

I guess the real black eye for Judge and Patricia is that they helped a rookie third string QB play well. Huge negative. And it’s entirely their fault when the franchise QB makes awful reads and has no pocket presence.

Yes they are both dooshes and torpedoed NFC franchises as head coach.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Enjoy him while we can. He'll be gone in a few years. That kid is a ball hawk. Most exciting player to watch, along with Rhamondre.

God forbid they don't over extend themselves and give out a bad contract to a player, that ends up shitting the bed after getting paid, ala JC Jackson

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Enjoy him while we can. He'll be gone in a few years. That kid is a ball hawk. Most exciting player to watch, along with Rhamondre.
God forbid they don't over extend themselves and give out a bad contract to a player, that ends up shitting the bed after getting paid, ala JC Jackson
The way Bill has treated all those guys was shitty but he wasn't wrong on a single damn one of them.

Butler sucked in Tennessee
Gilmore wasn't good in Carolina, haven't seen him in Indy yet but I doubt he's at the same level as he was before to justify the contract he wanted
JC blew out his leg after 3 weeks in LA

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

I'm going to go out on a limb and say every internal FA they've extended to keep has worked out. Very rarely have they let someone go who has been as or more productive. Chandler Jones is the obvious one, but they had to pick between him and Hightower. They made the right call.

Can criticize Bill/Pats for a lot of thing regarding drafting, signings, etc. But identifying who to keep and extend has been one of their biggest wins consistently for two decades.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The way Bill has treated all those guys was shitty but he wasn't wrong on a single damn one of them.

Butler sucked in Tennessee
Gilmore wasn't good in Carolina, haven't seen him in Indy yet but I doubt he's at the same level as he was before to justify the contract he wanted
JC blew out his leg after 3 weeks in LA
Indy is Sunday....

as for McDaniels isn't he doing the same thing in Vegas that canned him in Denver

Reactions: dabid

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
On December 18th we will blow a lead and lose by a field goal in OT and McDaniels will run onto the field pumping his fist and pumping up the crowd like he just won the superbowl. They'll finish 4-13 and he'll be fired anyway.

Reactions: dabid and CDJ

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
On December 18th we will blow a lead and lose by a field goal in OT and McDaniels will run onto the field pumping his fist and pumping up the crowd like he just won the superbowl. They'll finish 4-13 and he'll be fired anyway.
Makes me want to bookmark this page because it would be hilarious if it actually happened and I wouldn't be shocked

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad