Post-Game Talk: PATRIOTS @ J-E-T-S - Pats win 13th in a row over the S ┴ Ǝ ſ

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
There are a lot of factors that go into it. His interception rate has gone up yes, but have you looked at every single one of them. Objectively? I know 2 off my head that came from Agholors hands not securing the ball.

I'm not here to nitpick. But yes, there were some BAD interceptions. No doubt. There were some unfortunate ones. But I'm not worried about that. Today was his first full game back after his ankle injury. The playcalling sucks. It seemed when it was uptempo Mac worked better. They need to put him in the shotgun more. I feel like they're not putting him in a position to succeed.

Especially having Patricia call these plays and an offensive line group that can't stop a small leak. It's rough out there. I still think Mac is the guy for us. But not if Patricia is still here next year. The development of a QB is important. If you don't got the right guys fir it. Right now in my opinion? They're not surrounding him with the right guys. Brian f***inb Daboll has Daniel Jones doing well. I'm not trusting Joe Judge to shine my shoes let alone develop my QB. Same with Patricia.
Sure Patricia and Judge haven't proven to be good offensive coaches but a lot of Mac's bad throws you know are bad as soon at it comes out of his hand because he is forcing them. Last 10 games like i mentioned, 5 were with McDaniels and 5 were with Patricia, he has struggled since the 7 game win streak ended last season and has made the same mistakes with both coaches. Qb's like Mac are dinosaurs these days, guys who don't have athletic ability or great arm talent are going to be in the bottom half of starting qbs unless they are elite in how they read the game, move inside the pocket and don't make dumb plays and Mac doesn't do anything of those three things well right now.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Sure Patricia and Judge haven't proven to be good offensive coaches but a lot of Mac's bad throws you know are bad as soon at it comes out of his hand because he is forcing them. Last 10 games like i mentioned, 5 were with McDaniels and 5 were with Patricia, he has struggled since the 7 game win streak ended last season and has made the same mistakes with both coaches. Qb's like Mac are dinosaurs these days, guys who don't have athletic ability or great arm talent are going to be in the bottom half of starting qbs unless they are elite in how they read the game, move inside the pocket and don't make dumb plays and Mac doesn't do anything of those three things well right now.
Dig a little deeper because you’re almost there. Why is Jones sped up this year compared to last? Why did Zappe look more comfortable than Jones? Were the calls the same or different depending on which QB was in? Get back to me when you have a theory.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Right, because he was being chased all over the field and confused by about what he was seeing.

Jesus Christ man, you can't even bring yourself to say they played well on defense.
The takeaway is not the Patriots defense played well. Sorry but it's not. Wilson has not been good this year despite the Jets winning. In most games they try to avoid throwing the ball as much as possible. He is not good. The interceptions thrown to McCourty are not because of a great defense. It's because of a brain dead QB. The defense just got embarrassed by Justin Fields for crying out loud. Let's see how we stack up against Josh Allen.

He looked good last year. Get a competent OC. An offensive line that isn't atrocious. And a better WR, the kid will be fine
That's fine but the interception against the Bears and the negated pick six today have absolutely nothing to do with anyone around him.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The takeaway is not the Patriots defense played well. Sorry but it's not. Wilson has not been good this year despite the Jets winning. In most games they try to avoid throwing the ball as much as possible. He is not good. The interceptions thrown to McCourty are not because of a great defense. It's because of a brain dead QB. The defense just got embarrassed by Justin Fields for crying out loud. Let's see how we stack up against Josh Allen.

That's fine but the interception against the Bears and the negated pick six today have absolutely nothing to do with anyone around him.

Interceptions are gonna happen. That's the nature of the game. I'm not gonna go crazy about it.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Got the Panthers +400 with like 2 mins to go. Crazy.

It’s weird hearing players (and coaches all around the league, former players, etc) praise the coaching staff. I was told by everyone with a single digit IQ that Bill, his son, Patricia and Judge all suck.

Well, I was also told by those same people that O’Brien and McDaniels were awful (of which nearly every nfl front office and the best programs in college football also disagree with you).
This post is wild. WTF are you talking about with coaches all over the league praising the coaching staff? Bill Belichick has been absolutely nothing without Tom Brady. It's indisputable. If there as great as you think we wouldn't have gotten our asses kicked in the payoffs and followed that up with an incredibly mediocre start to this season with a 2nd year QB who is clearly regressing.

And let's make one thing perfectly clear. Alabama did not need Bill O'Brien. Please at least try to do some research on Alabama offenses before BOB. They were just fine. BOB needed Alabama and already had a connection to Saban. McDaniels??? 2-5, last place and just lose to the freakin Saints 24-0 today. And the Raiders were expected to be good this year.

Interceptions are gonna happen. That's the nature of the game. I'm not gonna go crazy about it.
OK then you are completely incapable of objectively analyzing Mac Jones. These aren't interceptions that Nelson Agholor fumbles into the defender's arms. He is a 2nd year player and has shown zero signs of growth. I definitely think coaching is a factor but he needs to look in the mirror. He is constantly making terrible decisions.

Reactions: LSCII

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This post is wild. WTF are you talking about with coaches all over the league praising the coaching staff? Bill Belichick has been absolutely nothing without Tom Brady. It's indisputable. If there as great as you think we wouldn't have gotten our asses kicked in the payoffs and followed that up with an incredibly mediocre start to this season with a 2nd year QB who is clearly regressing.

And let's make one thing perfectly clear. Alabama did not need Bill O'Brien. Please at least try to do some research on Alabama offenses before BOB. They were just fine. BOB needed Alabama and already had a connection to Saban. McDaniels??? 2-5, last place and just lose to the freakin Saints 24-0 today. And the Raiders were expected to be good this year.

OK then you are completely incapable of objectively analyzing Mac Jones. These aren't interceptions that Nelson Agholor fumbles into the defender's arms. He is a 2nd year player and has shown zero signs of growth. I definitely think coaching is a factor but he needs to look in the mirror. He is constantly making terrible decisions.
Whatever you say, Johnny.

• Haha
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Jones was pretty crappy that game and let's be real, the Pats most likely lose if the Jet defender didn't hit Mac the way he did. That pass he threw was directly into the Jets chest/arms.

I know it's the 'if this didn't/did happen' game talk but Jones kinda sucked overall.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Jones was pretty crappy that game and let's be real, the Pats most likely lose if the Jet defender didn't hit Mac the way he did. That pass he threw was directly into the Jets chest/arms.

I know it's the 'if this didn't/did happen' game talk but Jones kinda sucked overall.
I mean I guess its too much to ask our starting QB to not suck against bad teams and if he does its everyone elses fault. Of course if the third stringer plays well against bad teams it doesn't matter they are bad teams.

Bills have one play left in the half do you think they will line it up for a FG like we did b/c the QB can't be trusted with a throw to the end zone?

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I mean I guess its too much to ask our starting QB to not suck against bad teams and if he does its everyone elses fault. Of course if the third stringer plays well against bad teams it doesn't matter they are bad teams.

Bills have one play left in the half do you think they will line it up for a FG like we did b/c the QB can't be trusted with a throw to the end zone?
Neither QB we have is anywhere close to Allen and never will be

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Neither QB we have is anywhere close to Allen and never will be
Idk if many in history will end up like him (barring an injury)

Too much of a physical specimen. Cam Newton with the ability to throw.

I remember getting some negative feedback when I said he was good a couple of years ago. Well well well how the turntables

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Idk if many in history will end up like him (barring an injury)

Too much of a physical specimen. Cam Newton with the ability to throw.

I remember getting some negative feedback when I said he was good a couple of years ago. Well well well how the turntables

I always loved him. He was a big Pats fan too. I laughed at these analysts who said he was trash. He wasn't good his 1st year. He was up and down his 2nd. But his development really hit its stride after that. He's a good QB. No question about it.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I always loved him. He was a big Pats fan too. I laughed at these analysts who said he was trash. He wasn't good his 1st year. He was up and down his 2nd. But his development really hit its stride after that. He's a good QB. No question about it.
I think Bill was one of them.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Even if Mac was not great, yesterday was a step back in the right direction. He did get lucky though on the pick-six. If that stands, this may be a different story. Mac is capable of being an adequate quarterback. Whether he can be more than that remains to be seen.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Here's an unquantifiable rhetorical question to ponder?

Has any fanbase ever, anywhere, been less impressed/encouraged by a 3-4 team beating a 5-2 division rival?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Here's an unquantifiable rhetorical question to ponder?

Has any fanbase ever, anywhere, been less impressed/encouraged by a 3-4 team beating a 5-2 division rival?
It's all about context. Beat a 5-2 Bills or Chiefs? Or really even the Titans and Ravens and I would have a different mentality today. Credit to the Jets for being 5-3 but they have not been winning because of Wilson. He absolutely blows. Plus we just saw the Patriots lose at home to the Bears. Beating the Jets is a wash out of that loss. The Patriots are a completely average football team.

Reactions: sarge88

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Even if Mac was not great, yesterday was a step back in the right direction. He did get lucky though on the pick-six. If that stands, this may be a different story. Mac is capable of being an adequate quarterback. Whether he can be more than that remains to be seen.
Definitely played a lot better after that pick 6

Idk what happened to his pocket presence tho, it wasn’t close to this bad last year. The line was pretty bad but at the same time a few of those sacks are on him for holding onto the ball way too long

Reactions: EverettMike

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Definitely played a lot better after that pick 6

Idk what happened to his pocket presence tho, it wasn’t close to this bad last year. The line was pretty bad but at the same time a few of those sacks are on him for holding onto the ball way too long
reminds me of Chad Pennington but Pennington could be effective some seasons

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
reminds me of Chad Pennington but Pennington could be effective some seasons
I think that’s actually not a bad comp, I’d just put the caveat on it that i find them similar before Pennington’s arm was completely toast. He never got by on arm strength, just smart decisions and accuracy. That’s Mac’s key to success. They scaled back attacking downfield yesterday which is good, but I also don’t want that part of the offense to completely go away. Gotta keep defenses honest

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Definitely got lucky on the pick 6. From what I've read though, it looks like that play was an option route and clearly they weren't on the same page. Brady has done the exact same thing, expect we all immediately know the wr ran the wrong route or broke in when he should have gone out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad