Post-Game Talk: PATRIOTS @ J-E-T-S - Pats win 13th in a row over the S ┴ Ǝ ſ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Cole Strange might legit suck and was drafted two rounds too high, but I won't care if Panda Jack is legitimately a stud.

Eh, I will. If you go off the board in round 1 and the pick ends up sucking? That's called Don Sweeney.

I really don't understand what Josh was thinking. He kept turning down job offers which was understandable given how he failed in his previous coaching experience and nobody gets a third chance to be a HC after two failed stints. So being very selective about the situation he walked into made sense. He had decent opportunities (most notably Indianapolis. I believe that was the Phillip Rivers year so he could've had a good offense). But waiting all that time and going to the Raiders in 2022 just made no sense. Derek Carr is a good QB, they acquired Adams, but otherwise that team wasn't stacked (maybe if Henry Ruggs didn't kill that lady they'd have a dynamic downfield passing game), and the AFC West was an absolute nightmare scenario with KC being as good as ever, the Chargers on the upswing under Herbert, and the Broncos invested a lot last offseason (this was before anyone knew Russ was a pumpkin). It didn't make sense for anyone but he went anyway and is probably getting fired after one year and will never get an NFL HC job again.
I am assuming a big part of this is that Vegas hired Ziegler. Can't remember in what order but probably a package deal anyway. So I think he was selective in wanting to be paired up with a Pats executive. I don't really get the being fired after one year though. Barring another scandal it's extremely rare to only get one season.
God forbid they don't over extend themselves and give out a bad contract to a player, that ends up shitting the bed after getting paid, ala JC Jackson
Ha if the Patriots signed a big free agent and he was struggling you'd be preaching patience and that it's only halfway thru the season. Bill doesn't get credit for JC Jackson getting hurt. And to completely write him off would be foolish.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The way Bill has treated all those guys was shitty but he wasn't wrong on a single damn one of them.

Butler sucked in Tennessee
Gilmore wasn't good in Carolina, haven't seen him in Indy yet but I doubt he's at the same level as he was before to justify the contract he wanted
JC blew out his leg after 3 weeks in LA

Gilmore made the pro bowl last year with Carolina. Also his last year here with Cam.

He came in high so a better contract and extra year would have been fine.

Butler got himself benched for the Super Bowl for being a brat about Gilmore getting signed. He too was still good that last year.

JC the team nailed it. He wasn't good before the injury for LAC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad