Prospect Info: Patrik Nemeth

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Post game quotes from tonight...

“I thought it was (Travis) Morin, when he went to the backhand like that, I thought it had to be Morin since I knew he was on the ice too,” Stars coach Willie Desjardins said. “That’s such a good move I didn’t even think it could be him at first.”

“This one is obviously more special than the regular season MVP award,” Morin said. “All my teammates they contributed to this … oh my god, I didn’t think (Nemeth) had that in him, I was just in disbelief.”

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How has Nemeth been playing in Texas? Does he have a good chance of making the team next season, or has his game detiorated?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
How has Nemeth been playing in Texas? Does he have a good chance of making the team next season, or has his game detiorated?

He had an NHL spot locked up before he was injured. He was only in Texas for a conditioning stint.

Hoping he plays tomorrow night - if not, he'll be back relatively soon. He was recalled this morning.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
From Mike Heika's latest article...
“You look at Nemeth, and all he does is play defense. He’s fantastic at it,” Spezza said. “That’s a big element to add to your team.”

That just got me thinking about how remarkable Nemeth's quick recovery has been. In the last 4 games he is averaging about 20 minutes a night and is being used in a really tough shut down role. I've always been a little more pessimistic on Nemeth than a lot of other Stars fans, but I have to give it up to the guy. As of late, he is far exceeding my expectations.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
From Mike Heika's latest article...
“You look at Nemeth, and all he does is play defense. He’s fantastic at it,†Spezza said. “That’s a big element to add to your team.â€

That just got me thinking about how remarkable Nemeth's quick recovery has been. In the last 4 games he is averaging about 20 minutes a night and is being used in a really tough shut down role. I've always been a little more pessimistic on Nemeth than a lot of other Stars fans, but I have to give it up to the guy. As of late, he is far exceeding my expectations.

I have been am I am still taking a "wait and see approach to Nemeth", but he's beginning to convince me that he is for real. He's been rock solid back there. He blocks shots, uses his body well enough, and makes few mistakes. He's a real calming presence back there. I like.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I have been am I am still taking a "wait and see approach to Nemeth", but he's beginning to convince me that he is for real. He's been rock solid back there. He blocks shots, uses his body well enough, and makes few mistakes. He's a real calming presence back there. I like.

He's exactly what's been missing from our defense, he and Demers. Now whether Nemeth can continue to grow into the caliber of defender we need playing that kind of game remains to be seen, but he has certainly been a force (literally) back there so far.

I could see his top end being a Marc Staal with a bit more offensive potential and not quite as stifling defensively. He certainly plays a game in his mold.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
He's exactly what's been missing from our defense, he and Demers. Now whether Nemeth can continue to grow into the caliber of defender we need playing that kind of game remains to be seen, but he has certainly been a force (literally) back there so far.

I could see his top end being a Marc Staal with a bit more offensive potential and not quite as stifling defensively. He certainly plays a game in his mold.

Marc Staal is a pretty good comparable.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I think he and Klingberg can be something special if given the chance. They could compliment each other almost perfectly.

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
I think he and Klingberg can be something special if given the chance. They could compliment each other almost perfectly.

He is almost exactly what people were asking to gift Klinger at the trade deadline, he just came a little late.

I wonder if this season would have gone differently had he been around all year as Nill had planned.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I wonder if this season would have gone differently had he been around all year as Nill had planned.

I'm starting to think it might have gone differently if Nemeth had been healthy. On the bright side. Aren't we like 5-1 without Daley now?

Perhaps this will convince Ruff that Dales is not "our best defensemen". Haha. That statement made me completely distrust Ruff's assessments of personnel. Good thing we have Nill to counterbalance Ruffs ineptitude in that area.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
5-2 without Trevor Daley this month. If you want to include the Islanders game which we he played under a minute, we're 6-2.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Nemeth has been great since coming back, but the one thing that concerns me about his game is that he lacks the ability to consistently clear the puck out of the zone. I think it is crucial that they play him with a puck mover if you want to avoid getting consistently pinned down in the defensive zone. If that puck mover is Klingberg then fantastic, it could potentially be the Dallas Stars' version of the ultra successful Methot-Karlsson pairing.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Nemeth has been great since coming back, but the one thing that concerns me about his game is that he lacks the ability to consistently clear the puck out of the zone. I think it is crucial that they play him with a puck mover if you want to avoid getting consistently pinned down in the defensive zone. If that puck mover is Klingberg then fantastic, it could potentially be the Dallas Stars' version of the ultra successful Methot-Karlsson pairing.

I haven't noticed his troubles clearing the zone. I will look out for it next time I watch him.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I haven't noticed his troubles clearing the zone. I will look out for it next time I watch him.

I wouldn't say it's a massive issue by any means, just not quiet as strong as the other facets of his game. And if we are talking about him being a potential long term pair for Klingberg, then he'll face very tough competition which could potentially exploit any area that isn't already exceptional.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
So Nemeth has now been scratched for 18 of 20 games this season. Obviously, the Stars have being playing very well, but I would think you would still want a 23-year old playing spot duty here and there. Is he in Ruff's doghouse for some reason?

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
So Nemeth has now been scratched for 18 of 20 games this season. Obviously, the Stars have being playing very well, but I would think you would still want a 23-year old playing spot duty here and there. Is he in Ruff's doghouse for some reason?
It's more just that both Jokipakka and Jordie have played quite well and Ruff not wanting to change something that works for no reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad