Player Discussion: Patrik Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
You aren't quoting the correct sentence. He says, just prior to that, "Last spring Laine told IS that on days off he can spend half the day infront of the console". He then proceeds to give an extreme example, the one you quoted. So he can spend half a day (regularly) infront of the console during the season, up to 13h.

Which, ask I said, isn't the end of the world as long as he keeps it in check.

Which doesn't make your original statement of his 13h sessionS true. I never said he didn't play half day.

Reactions: Ippenator

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Patrik better be scoring goals all year..

If there is a slight chance Boeser is near or (heck no) is beating him in goal scoring race.

He will definitely hear it from other fans :laugh:

The Russian Rocket

Nov 18, 2017
"Patrik Laine had a noticeable limp in his gait postgame tonight."

Frank Seravalli on Twitter after the game. Let's see if it's anything serious...

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Great start to the season by Laine, who is now on pace to an 82 goal, 164 point season.

As is Connor. I don't think they can sign two 1.0 GPG / 2.0 PPG guys next summer ;)

Fortunately they did sign that veteran 1.0 GPG / 2.0 PPG guy for just 8.5 million already :D

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
As is Connor. I don't think they can sign two 1.0 GPG / 2.0 PPG guys next summer ;)

Fortunately they did sign that veteran 1.0 GPG / 2.0 PPG guy for just 8.5 million already :D
Luckily there is solid 0+0 center that can be extended at 40 years old or something

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
"Patrik Laine had a noticeable limp in his gait postgame tonight."

Frank Seravalli on Twitter after the game. Let's see if it's anything serious...

Hopefully just a charley horse, though having had many of those on my hockey "career" (lol), they are not only painful but sometimes take long to to heal.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Great start to the season by Laine, who is now on pace to an 82 goal, 164 point season.
We need to keep things realistic, expecting 69 goals :sarcasm:

I stayed up to the 1st period. Coldnt make over the intermission, sleep got better of me. The last thing I though was "put him with scheif and wheels".

I guess they want 4 even lines instead of two top lines. I hope theyd spread the minutes evenly between lines. Even the ehlers tandem was broken up. Didint look really bad for Laine, Ehlers Line didint look good thought.

[mod]

Last edited:
Reactions: Scheifelaine

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Laine did some things last night many have been suggesting he needs to do, and have been waiting 2 years to see him do it. Those things play well with whoever his is on the ice with, if he continues it he's going to have a dominant year.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Pate looked good lastnight. another step in his development seems to have been taken.

He had some nights in previous seasons where he flashed signs of overall brilliance, not just shooting brilliance, suddenly taking over games and dominating them with his presence.

Remains to be seen whether they will remain just flashes, or whether they will become the new standard. I certainly hope for the latter.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
From the Freep today :laugh:

"It’s good for (Laine). He hadn’t scored in exhibition, so he was fairly close to quitting hockey. He takes it very personally when he doesn’t score," Jets head coach Paul Maurice said, tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Haha. It's almost like Maurice's comment would be badly hidden sarcastical response to Patrik's recent outcomes about Canucks consol-ban, containing subtext of overall acceptance, but also reminder "Great! You need to keep scoring Patrik. More you score in a rink, more consol-time we can negotiate for you." :laugh:

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Go to 2:05 in this video. Watching that live I thought it looked super awkward the way his leg dragged. Just doesn't look very comfortable on the knees. He looked fine the rest of the way, but if he's favoring anything, my best guess is it's from this play.

Doubtful. Probably would've been on the play where Dunn clipped him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad