Patrik Laine III: We’ve got questions, he’s got answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Boone is still here FWIW and if we're trying to predict what Jarmo is going to do then we're playing a fool's game.

Trade Boone, Korpi, Benstrom and 2022 1st for Jack Eichel - not advocating just saying I think everything is open

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I assume the Voracek trade is Laine-related. Voracek is a playmaker and a good one. I expect to see an extension with Laine released pretty soon

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Trade Boone, Korpi, Benstrom and 2022 1st for Jack Eichel - not advocating just saying I think everything is open
Supposedly the price for Eichel is astronomical. That's not an astronomical price. That price is solidly planted on Earth if not a few feet below.

Reactions: LJ7201

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Supposedly the price for Eichel is astronomical. That's not an astronomical price. That price is solidly planted on Earth if not a few feet below.

Just trying to be provocative - but it wouldn’t surprise me for anything now

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Rather trade Korpi for a 22 2nd. Jenner at the deadline for a first and let Bemmer get a bigger role this year and walk into 22 with 3 1sts and multiple seconds.

Everyone wants to bitch about not having a contender. Well it's gonna take some heartache and some patience. But 6 1sts in two years is definitely one way to build a legitimate perennial playoff team that could grow into a contender depending on development and the right moves down the line.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Thought this was funny irony

Portzline: members of the leadership group want Laine traded

Jarmo: *trades leadership group*
As I’ve said a million times, people can be part of the problem or part of the solution.

Time will tell which part this “leadership group” was. One of the leaders who had already been traded prior to this meeting is the one who talked Torts into staying and that was just part of the train wreck this past season.

Reactions: LJ7201

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
I assume the Voracek trade is Laine-related. Voracek is a playmaker and a good one. I expect to see an extension with Laine released pretty soon
Gonna ink a one-dimensional winger who doesn’t drive play to 1C money. Amazing.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Gonna ink a one-dimensional winger who doesn’t drive play to 1C money. Amazing.

I suppose management can look at a long term bad contract with Laine as good luck. They could have Bob, Seth and Laine on 8 year deals at huge money. So don't be sad. So missing out of two of three horrid contracts ain't bad.

If you throw in Duchene it could be 3 out of 4, but that doesn't fit with the song.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015

I think if we were going to get Eichel, it would have been yesterday when we had 5 upcoming 1st round picks to throw at them, and not now when we have 8-million-dollars-worth of Jake Voracek.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Busy Draft could lead to busy week — The Fourth Period
The Columbus Blue Jackets, also very active, will start contract talks with pending restricted free agent Patrik Laine.
As I reported last week, Columbus started doing its due diligence over what the market could look like if Laine were up for grabs, again, in case contract negotiations go sideways. There will be a lot of interest in him if he’s available. It all comes down to the type of contract he wants and if Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen is willing to accept a big number.
The Blue Jackets surprised a lot of people, including the player himself, by moving Cam Atkinson, but it’s clear what direction the team is going in. If Laine’s contract demands are too much for Jarmo’s liking, he’ll take offers.

Maybe interest yes but offers.... . Everything can happen I won`t be suprised if he is traded. Although I wouldn`t want it.

EDIT: And I think it may be a reaction to recent events, Jarmo wants to be ready for everything. Although, I don't need to be David Pagnotta for that, we all know that.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
If we end up trading him, I’m targeting Edmonton. Broberg/Bouchard+Neal+1st would keep the rebuild full steam ahead.
I think Edmonton fans would storm Hollands office and drag him out onto the streets if he trades more defense for offense :laugh:. Be losing games 6-4 for the rest of McDavids career

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think Edmonton fans would storm Hollands office and drag him out onto the streets if he trades more defense for offense :laugh:. Be losing games 6-4 for the rest of McDavids career

If they're offering Holloway I'd hope we jump on that deal.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Do anybody this guy? Although it isn`t nothing tragical because he only turns down only QO what is normal. We see then... .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad