GDT: Patrik Elias Night! - Devils vs. Islanders - 6:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
How does that explain Coleman over him on LW?

Assuming the coaches want him with Zajac. You’re original post was wondering why Bratt remained in the top 6 and not Wood. There is a top 6 RW spot and Wood can’t play there.

BPCDEV

Oct 22, 2009
Manhattan
Do ALL FANS get a replica mini banner (a la Brodeur night)... or is there some b.s. first 9000 fans only? I can't find any info on newjerseydevils.com

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I don't understand the confusion about the times for tonight. It's all over the Devils website, the separate Patty's Night site and the Devils Twitter.

Last edited:

BPCDEV

Oct 22, 2009
Manhattan
Do ALL FANS get a replica mini banner (a la Brodeur night)... or is there some b.s. first 9000 fans only? I can't find any info on newjerseydevils.com

Never mind, found it on the promotions page:

Elias Mini Banner

Celebrate as the Devils honor Patrik Elias and raise his #26 to the rafters. All fans in attendance will receive a replica Elias number retirement mini banner.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Never mind, found it on the promotions page:

Elias Mini Banner

Celebrate as the Devils honor Patrik Elias and raise his #26 to the rafters. All fans in attendance will receive a replica Elias number retirement mini banner.

I’ll never forget when they opened the Rock and gave out a commorative poster of the arena and decided to just leave boxes of them laying at the exits for fans to “take one” instead of having people handing them out.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
For those of you who are not old enough to have seen Elias in his prime, and it is many, he was even a better player than his stats show. He was often the best defensive forward on the ice and was used as such on many an occasion. If you saw him play everyday you could really appreciate his overall talent. He deserves to be in the HOF

Reactions: glenwo2 and mtnet

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
For those of you who are not old enough to have seen Elias in his prime, and it is many, he was even a better player than his stats show. He was often the best defensive forward on the ice and was used as such on many an occasion. If you saw him play everyday you could really appreciate his overall talent. He deserves to be in the HOF

Show me another guy with his numbers and two cups that's not in the HOF. If he was a Ranger there'd be a statue of him in front of MSG.

Reactions: glenwo2 and mtnet

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Dano's retirement night wasn't a sellout iirc. No disrespect to him he's been Mr. Devil and I believe continuously employed by the team in some capacity for like 36 years, but I always thought his status as beloved was a bit overrated. Nieds, Stevens, Brodeur was all sellouts. Expect Patty to be a 17,600 sellout as well.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I hope Hynes eventually moves Grabner to RW when Gibby comes back cause its honestly a sin to have Wood on your fourth line
Why do that if Grabner said he likes LW?

Hall-Grabner-Wood-Coleman are the LWs in that order, Gibbons plays 4th RW behind Bratt-Palmieri-Noesen

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why do that if Grabner said he likes LW?

Hall-Grabner-Wood-Coleman are the LWs in that order, Gibbons plays 4th RW behind Bratt-Palmieri-Noesen

Yeah it only gets tricky IF both Gibbons and MarJo come back and then you're suddenly looking at Wood on the fourth line even though he's earned his way off it...but he's produced out of the fourth line this year so it's not a big deal for a short stint. Or you just move Grabner back to RW at that point.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Yeah it only gets tricky IF both Gibbons and MarJo come back and then you're suddenly looking at Wood on the fourth line even though he's earned his way off it...but he's produced out of the fourth line this year so it's not a big deal for a short stint. Or you just move Grabner back to RW at that point.
yeah but who comes out then?

Ill be honest Coleman gets the boot for me if Johansson comes back, Noesen earned his spot and Gibbons is better on the PK

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I dont understand why Wood is on the 4th line, can anyone rationalize that? Punishment for repeated dumb penalties?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I dont understand why Wood is on the 4th line, can anyone rationalize that? Punishment for repeated dumb penalties?

Wood is at his best when his energy is highest and his offense is basically the same no matter how poor or good his linemates are.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
So excited for tonight's game. It'll be the last time I wear my Elias Jersey I got when I was a kid. It's autographed and I'm hanging it on my wall after tonight.

Good thing my parents were smart enough to get me an adult large. I was swimming in it as a kid, but I can still wear it now and have been able to for over 15 years

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Wood is at his best when his energy is highest and his offense is basically the same no matter how poor or good his linemates are.

Agreed. And on the 4th line he may get some opportunities to burn past some beleaguered Islander 3rd pairing guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad