Patrick Wiercioch Appreciation Thread

icefists*

I am so glad he is putting it all together, he is the only thing that kept Mucklers awful Havlat to Chi trade from being a complete fing waste,stupid Muckler. :cry:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I am so glad he is putting it all together, he is the only thing that kept Mucklers awful Havlat to Chi trade from being a complete fing waste,stupid Muckler. :cry:

Man, it's crazy that it's been over 7 years since that trade, and we're just now starting to benefit from it.

icefists*

Man, it's crazy that it's been over 7 years since that trade, and we're just now starting to benefit from it.

I know it's nuts, I can't remember the exact reason, but Muckler took an '08 pick in that deal even tho the trade was in '06, and it was a Murry pick. No doubt in my mind if Mucks was still here he would have botched it,and with Wiercioch he had lots of skill but was a project,after his 2 years at Denver he needed to be with the bsens for a few seasons (3), and he lost most of the last one in bingo to the puck in the throat,and even crazier is hes only what 23? Still tons of room for him to grow, we really lucked out to have Murry and co. by that draft.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I know it's nuts, I can't remember the exact reason, but Muckler took an '08 pick in that deal even tho the trade was in '06, and it was a Murry pick. No doubt in my mind if Mucks was still here he would have botched it,and with Wiercioch he had lots of skill but was a project,after his 2 years at Denver he needed to be with the bsens for a few seasons (3), and he lost most of the last one in bingo to the puck in the throat,and even crazier is hes only what 23? Still tons of room for him to grow, we really lucked out to have Murry and co. by that draft.

If you want to know who Muckler would have taken with his 2nd rounder in '08, just go to the draft board and pick the highest rated available Russian.

Muckler picked a Russian with (and I can't make this up) every single 2nd round pick he owned when he was GM in Ottawa. The only years he didn't take a Russian in the 2nd were the years he traded his 2nd rounder away.

... So looking at the draft chart, and using precedence, Muckler probably would have picked Dimitri Kugryshev with that '08 2nd rounder. Yikes.

John Holmes*

I'm encouraged by what I have seen from Wiercioch, but mindful that it is pre-season, and guys like Foligno look like snipers at this time of year.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Talk about rebuilding your entire Defence in 1 draft - Sens take Karlsson at #15, Weircoche at #42 and Boro at #139.

Amazing

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
This guy will have lots of Norrises before his career is over. Book it. Mark this post and check back in 15 years.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I'm encouraged by what I have seen from Wiercioch, but mindful that it is pre-season, and guys like Foligno look like snipers at this time of year.

Weircoich has been making plays like we are seeing now for years. What kept him from the NHL was strength not talent.

His strengthening program (2nd year) is making a significant difference to his play defensively which seems to be giving him more confidence in his overall game.

I believe he will be just fine on the 2nd pairing with Cowen.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He showed flashes of his great stretch passing abilities last season too :handclap:

Sure, but his offensive contribution were never in question.
He seems hell bent on adding muscle (like Holdurbreathe said), and has made commitments to shore up his defensive game. That's the difference I'm seeing.

If Wiercioch can get his defensive game to the point where he doesn't need to have his minutes managed (and from what I can tell, he at the very least is making an effort to do just that), he can become a VERY dangerous player.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Weircoich has been making plays like we are seeing now for years. What kept him from the NHL was strength not talent.

His strengthening program (2nd year) is making a significant difference to his play defensively which seems to be giving him more confidence in his overall game.

I believe he will be just fine on the 2nd pairing with Cowen.

spot on.
He has a huge frame that just hasnt had the horsepower to move it well enough. He's hit the tipping point in size to strength. It only gets better and better with him from here on out IMO.
Very exciting.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
PW has Redden potential?

This guy will have lots of Norrises before his career is over. Book it. Mark this post and check back in 15 years.

I don't think he is going to beat Karlsson, Cowen, Ceci and Wikstrand that often...

:sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
I don't usually make predictions like this but I think weircoch will put up 40 points this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad