Patrick Wiercioch Appreciation Thread

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Let me just say that if we never had Karlsson, I wonder how much we would be drooling over this guy.

He made 3-4 absolutely phenomenal plays.

Breakaway pass to Cowick the ridiculous composure play to Turris for empty netter(He missed) and the set up on the O'Brien goal.

Hopefully this isn't just some sort of Bochenski syndrome(Which he is winning so far, btw)

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
He may be good, but I wish it was Karlsson instead of Wiercioch who grew another 4 inches after being drafted.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
Very impressed by his improvement over the summer. Looked like a different player the first time I saw him on the ice this year.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
He may prove to be the superior of the Turris/Wiercioch BC Bro Combo.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Very impressed by his improvement over the summer. Looked like a different player the first time I saw him on the ice this year.

We saw those flashes last year, if he continues to bulk up he is going to be very very very good. His upside is top 2, his size, hockey sense and puck skill can make him a defensive stalwart if he continues to develop.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Geeze. Patty Dubs is gonna be very good, but he's playing against players who may not even make the NHL right now. Can we please not let the hype train go wild for once?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Looks so much better than last season, and last season he was on pace for 37 points on one of the lowest scoring teams in the league.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Geeze. Patty Dubs is gonna be very good, but he's playing against players who may not even make the NHL right now. Can we please not let the hype train go wild for once?

What's nice about prospects is that they go from looking like prospects to looking like regulars when playing against prospects (and uninspired Leaf stars).

That's the next stage of the evolution.

He's coming along.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I want him to do this during the regular season... it's easy to get fooled into a false sense of security based on games that don't count.

That being said, dude is looking great. Last year, I said he'd need to up his game in order to be a legit top-4 defenceman/ PMD, and so far it looks like he's doing just that. Pair him with a guy who can cover him defensively, and he looks like he could really have an excellent season this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->