News Article: Patrick Roy named Head Coach

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
My fear is Roy proves to be a competent coach, yet still fails with this roster. Lou takes the blame "like he always does" but still tries to find a coach that can succeed, and round and round we go.

This isn't based on what happened with Trotz, I fully believe Trotz and Lou were mutual on his departure. Just not sure how far Lou will go to accept blame.

Reactions: bigtim1988

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Love him. Granted, I would have taken PK's mom over Lambert.

But he is a good communicator, seems to know when to push and when to motivate. Had a good line today about not pressuring the players too much, told it through a story of him playing as a youngster.
PK’s mom catching strays :amazed:

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
3 very close games since Roy took over, that's the positive. 1-2-0 is the bad. But I wouldn't overreact, going to need a bigger sample size. if the Isles do not show a marked improvement, then it may be signal for Lou it's a roster problem, not a coaching problem. 2nd half of season will be interesting.

Reactions: SI90

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
According to Pagnotta, Roy has a 3 year contract. This year and then 2 years following
If true, that makes the posters saying it was maybe just the rest of this season plus an Isles' option year look pretty silly. Glad I didn't say that.

Oh wait.... :doh:

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
3 very close games since Roy took over, that's the positive. 1-2-0 is the bad. But I wouldn't overreact, going to need a bigger sample size. if the Isles do not show a marked improvement, then it may be signal for Lou it's a roster problem, not a coaching problem. 2nd half of season will be interesting.
I thought they played well in the 2 losses, but then glaring errors on the goals against sunk them. If they can clean those up....

It would also really help to add a winger who can make plays and finish. I'd even take a chance on a guy with holes in his game to add that element, especially if he could be added on the cheap.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If true, that makes the posters saying it was maybe just the rest of this season plus an Isles' option year look pretty silly. Glad I didn't say that.

Did you really think that?

I’m shocked it’s not a 4 year deal honestly

I always viewed this as a Trotz type hire. They will give Roy a real shot to build his system and team the way he wants.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Did you really think that?

I’m shocked it’s not a 4 year deal honestly

I always viewed this as a Trotz type hire. They will give Roy a real shot to build his system and team the way he wants.
1706378433812.png

• Haha

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Barzal seems to be speaking his mind a bit more all of a sudden. Roy definitely had no issue speaking his mind as a player and maybe is letting Barzy lose a little more than Trotz/Lane would have liked. Being a former superstar himself he may be able to relate to Barzal’s POV a little more. Something to monitor

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Barzal seems to be speaking his mind a bit more all of a sudden. Roy definitely had no issue speaking his mind as a player and maybe is letting Barzy lose a little more than Trotz/Lane would have liked. Being a former superstar himself he may be able to relate to Barzal’s POV a little more. Something to monitor
He should play better on the ice…

How on Earth could Lou sign a guy for 3 years when Lou is gonna get fired this offseason? That must mean Chris is taking over…

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
While there are some encouraging signs, the same issues are sinking this team. Starting to lose hope here...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad