Value of: Patrick Maroon

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Maroon isn't an Oiler anymore and he played well for his entire run with Edmonton. We just didn't want to pay him what he wanted - and then he took less to sign in his hometown.
He isn't even earning the smaller salary he agreed to. Sounds like he's scratched again tonight. I expect him to be waived fairly soon and let other teams take a crack at him.

I haven't seen a player look so lost and two steps behind the play than Maroon does in a long time, and most of those guys were AHL injury callups.

I recall last year people asking a 1st or 2nd or a good prospect for him at the TDL. Man would we be disappointed if we gave that up.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He isn't even earning the smaller salary he agreed to. Sounds like he's scratched again tonight. I expect him to be waived fairly soon and let other teams take a crack at him.

I haven't seen a player look so lost and two steps behind the play than Maroon does in a long time, and most of those guys were AHL injury callups.

I recall last year people asking a 1st or 2nd or a good prospect for him at the TDL. Man would we be disappointed if we gave that up.
Maybe he's spending too much time with his son?

When he came to Edmonton one of the biggest things we heard is that conditioning was an issue and he didn't put the time in off the ice.

If he's fallen back into his old ways due to spending time with his family then he's going to have to make a big decision.

Do you want to be father of the year or do you want to try earn as much money as you can before your career runs out.

Reactions: 67Blues

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Maybe he's spending too much time with his son?

When he came to Edmonton one of the biggest things we heard is that conditioning was an issue and he didn't put the time in off the ice.

If he's fallen back into his old ways due to spending time with his family then he's going to have to make a big decision.

Do you want to be father of the year or do you want to try earn as much money as you can before your career runs out.

I think it’s just simply he isn’t very good. We brought him in to stand in front of the net and cause chaos. He has decided that now he is Wayne Gretzky and he is a playmaker behind the net. He is ok not great in board battles. He is off sides somehow like 2 or 3 times a game and he is extremely slow.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think it’s just simply he isn’t very good. We brought him in to stand in front of the net and cause chaos. He has decided that now he is Wayne Gretzky and he is a playmaker behind the net. He is ok not great in board battles. He is off sides somehow like 2 or 3 times a game and he is extremely slow.

Maroon makes Rich Pilon look like a speed burner.

Really sounds like he's back to his ANA days. I'd try him out in Edmonton again.

What would we have to loss?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I would be fine with future considerations. Although that may be demoralizing for him. Maybe a 4th/5th or something that is t a contract for the NHL
In all honesty demoralizing or not this really is on him. He had similar issues in ANA and committed to his conditioning for only a year and a half it seems.

He doesn't wake up his NHL career is done.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I don't see why the Oilers wouldn't be in on this. We know he works well with McDavid and Draisaitl.. our wingers are pure garbage. He's cheap enough cap wise and value wise.

Really there's nothing to lose by bringing him in.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016

I would like to introduce you to a man named Milan Lucic.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Okay, as per Friedman, he is available.

From the Leafs end, I would be willing to offer up St.Louis' own 4th round pick back.

What would other teams offer?
I would do that.

Would give up a 4th or a 5th for him. Brings a lot of what the flames need, and could be a solid addition to our 4th line.
I would do that too.

I'd give a 4th/5th to get him, he'd be a solid addition to the bottom 6 and give us a bigger physical presence
See above! :)

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
No offense to Maroon because I really don't believe he is healthy but he is one of the worst players I have seen in years. He literally does nothing well and isn't even physical anymore (the reason I think he is still hurt). We should literally take any offer that doesn't have Ryan Spooner in it. Still can't figure out how Chia was sold that bag of goods. Geesh!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No offense to Maroon because I really don't believe he is healthy but he is one of the worst players I have seen in years. He literally does nothing well and isn't even physical anymore (the reason I think he is still hurt). We should literally take any offer that doesn't have Ryan Spooner in it. Still can't figure out how Chia was sold that bag of goods. Geesh!

This really surprises me. Even last year with the Oilers where he wasn’t as good as the year before he was pacing for 40-45 points and Devils fans seemed to like him and wanted to keep him around.

Really sad, actually. I thought he’d be motivated as all hell finally being able to see his kid whenever he wanted and play in front of family. Maybe the hometown pressure is too much? We saw that here with Lupul.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
This really surprises me. Even last year with the Oilers where he wasn’t as good as the year before he was pacing for 40-45 points and Devils fans seemed to like him and wanted to keep him around.

Really sad, actually. I thought he’d be motivated as all hell finally being able to see his kid whenever he wanted and play in front of family. Maybe the hometown pressure is too much? We saw that here with Lupul.

Some people do better away from that...distraction.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

I might be alone in this but personally I don't mind on taking someones bad contract, as long as we get a really good bribe for doing so. Spooner retained (so we can fit him under the cap) plus a high-ish pick or decent prospect is something that I would consider. Spooners contract ends after next season, so it's not something that will hunt us for decades (and we will probably have enough capspace if we decide not to resign Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad