Value of: Patrick Maroon

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Okay, as per Friedman, he is available.

From the Leafs end, I would be willing to offer up St.Louis' own 4th round pick back.

What would other teams offer?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Okay, as per Friedman, he is available.

From the Leafs end, I would be willing to offer up St.Louis' own 4th round pick back.

What would other teams offer?

Really? I want to trade a winger or two (Brown, Ennis) so we can keep Moore on the roster, not add another one

Reactions: Brock Radunske

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Really? I want to trade a winger or two (Brown, Ennis) so we can keep Moore on the roster not add another one

I am okay with that too, I just wanted to kick off the discussion.

What type of deal are you thinking? I think Brown has more value than just Maroon but not sure St.Louis wants to send out picks.

You might have to make some separate deals. Maybe Colorado would send their 2 3rds for Brown to bolster their depth (not trying to take discussion off track).

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I am okay with that too, I just wanted to kick off the discussion.

What type of deal are you thinking? I think Brown has more value than just Maroon but not sure St.Louis wants to send out picks.

You might have to make some separate deals. Maybe Colorado would send their 2 3rds for Brown to bolster their depth (not trying to take discussion off track).

They would have to be separate deals, I think Brown moving at the TDL would only happen over Babcock's cold dead body however

Ennis is worth practically nothing so I'd waive Holl and Press box Ennis as depth then see if there's any takers for Brown

He's a 30 point PKing forward that closes out games for us when where leading making 2M next season, I think he may have more value than we'd imagine around the league

2nd rounder?, couple of 3rd's?, I think he's worth that at least

Reactions: LeafGrief

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
They would have to be separate deals, I think Brown moving at the TDL would only happen over Babcock's cold dead body however

Ennis is worth practically nothing so I'd waive Holl and Press box Ennis as depth then see if there's any takers for Brown

He's a 30 point PKing forward that closes out games for us when where leading making 2M next season, I think he may have more value than we'd imagine around the league

2nd rounder?, couple of 3rd's?, I think he's worth that at least

Brown is also an RFA when his deal is up so it's not like he just walks either. He's a swiss army knife, useful player.

I think Babcock will have to get over Brown whether it is this year or this summer, it is likely he is gone.

Spooner/Manning/Petrovic/

Can't speak for STL but can't imagine adding someone with higher salary and more term is that appealing, just my thoughts though.

Reactions: 67Blues and Kiwi

SC2GM

May 16, 2016
As much as this forum was loving this guy in the off season, I expect to be offered a first, at a minimum. Don't be switching up now. Time to pay up.

The thought of Maroon having value is comedy. Talk about the new king of intangibles, cause I surely haven't seen it. Guy is as "valuable" as Jake Allen. Lotto winners that shouldn't even be allowed to coach their children hockey.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Maroon was traded last year for a meh prospect and a 3rd rounder when he had 30 points in 57 games. Right now, when he has 11 points in 34 games? His value is even less than it was last year.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Would give up a 4th or a 5th for him. Brings a lot of what the flames need, and could be a solid addition to our 4th line.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I don’t care what the offer is as long as there isn’t a contract coming back that doesn’t expire this year. If somebody wants him for a 3rd so be it. 4th sure. He needs to go and we don’t need anybody back in return unless maybe someone for SA

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Maroon can't play on well on Oilers roster, what makes anyone think he'd be anything but a mainstay on the Marlies roster - he'd have to battle for that too....

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Ideally, I'd wait for St. Louis to waive him, which seems likely. If I had to, I'd move a late pick for him.

If the Oilers are really offering Spooner + 3rd, I wouldn't want to outbid that.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Ideally, I'd wait for St. Louis to waive him, which seems likely. If I had to, I'd move a late pick for him.

If the Oilers are really offering Spooner + 3rd, I wouldn't want to outbid that.
I wouldn't be shocked if he was waived. No way the Blues would take Spooner. We are trying to shed press box inhabitants, not extend their lease for more than double the price.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
This is one of the few offers for Maroon if day no to I’d rather him get sent down and eat the 1.75 as opposed to have spooner and a 3rd on the books for another year at 3.1.
dammit. I can't even even dig deep enough in the homer hole to justify why the Blues should do it haha

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I wouldn't be shocked if he was waived. No way the Blues would take Spooner. We are trying to shed press box inhabitants, not extend their lease for more than double the price.

I didn't think so either, and perceived that 3rd attached to Spooner as an incentivizing sweetener. Straight up, I can't imagine Maroon is worth more than a 6th or 7th.

If he's waived, I'd bet he doesn't make it past New Jersey. I was really disappointed to see him go last summer.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Maroon can't play on well on Oilers roster, what makes anyone think he'd be anything but a mainstay on the Marlies roster - he'd have to battle for that too....

Maroon isn't an Oiler anymore and he played well for his entire run with Edmonton. We just didn't want to pay him what he wanted - and then he took less to sign in his hometown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad