Patrick Marleau's role will be very important and key this season on the LW

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
As we as suckas don't even have a real talented forward playing LW behind Marleau at all. We do have a rumbling fool in hyman who is very key also as a power tool and pk killa but johnson is playing his first season as a LW for us fully. So he talented too, but not like the legendary, always steady marleau. Marleau rarely misses even a beat or a game so we ain't worriying fools. But still, if that sucka would go down, we would need to move some real tool fool on the LW to score instead of marleau. Or even trade for a sucka. Marleau that important to us. He can score, and skate like the wind of zelda. He might be old like we is, like smoking on that cigar and stuff, but he still a professional who gets it done. He likes playing with our best players of the world. Young, marner, nylander, tavares, matthews and all. He likes it and will lamp that thang real hard again. Like over 25 times this season again. He will be our key fools for surely. He one of the best. An ex Captain of the san jose sharks. Mayne he got the experience to do it. He wants it real hard.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
As we as suckas don't even have a real talented forward playing LW behind Marleau at all. We do have a rumbling fool in hyman who is very key also as a power tool and pk killa but johnson is playing his first season as a LW for us fully. So he talented too, but not like the legendary, always steady marleau. Marleau rarely misses even a beat or a game so we ain't worriying fools. But still, if that sucka would go down, we would need to move some real tool fool on the LW to score instead of marleau. Or even trade for a sucka. Marleau that important to us. He can score, and skate like the wind of zelda. He might be old like we is, like smoking on that cigar and stuff, but he still a professional who gets it done. He likes playing with our best players of the world. Young, marner, nylander, tavares, matthews and all. He likes it and will lamp that thang real hard again. Like over 25 times this season again. He will be our key fools for surely. He one of the best. An ex Captain of the san jose sharks. Mayne he got the experience to do it. He wants it real hard.

I love this guy... place just isn't the same without him

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
his big body, with more than enough scoring touch left will look good with matthews, tavares, or kadri

Reactions: hullsy47

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
He good.

But I'm not worried about LW. Johnsson and Hyman are key to this forward group. I've got faith in Leivo too.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
He almost 40 tho dawg. Y'knowmsayn? Ya he good but the body breaks down I hope he got that one good year left mayne. Fountain of youth + Eye of the Tiger.
He had a great playoff performance. I doubt the leafs would have got to 7 without him

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
He scored 27 goals last year and makes 6.25m. Yea I would expect him to play an important role with the Leafs.
I didn't remember correctly how much this fool makes. I thought the legend makes like 4.5m. But that's real cool and solid. He should make bigger than that.

But yeah my thang was more of uh him being injured and then our LW looking thinner than water. Of course marleau always plays the full 82 so that's key and great for us. He and his wife take care of Patrick real good and he is fit.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Couldn’t find another thread. What are the chances we pull an Orpik with Marleau? Trade him after this season to a team with an asset, they buy him out and then we re sign him?

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Key player for the Leafs indeed.. his age/cap hit always come up every conversation, but rarely how skilled and talented he is which is absolute huge asset for this club.

I'd be worried only if he was actually a liability or starts to decline. As of right now he's a 100% keeper and happy to have him contend with this team for the remainder of his contract.

Reactions: Brown Dog

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Useful player - but I won’t be surprised if he’s moved off the Matthews line by seasons end. Think he’ll end up getting replaced by a younger guy like Johnsson and will be bumped down to third line.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
How we will replace Roman Polak this year @Coachcorner? From your detailed assessments of him last year, it appeared he was in the key role of being hard on suckas and twerking that thang when the opponents messed with our youngsters.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Couldn’t find another thread. What are the chances we pull an Orpik with Marleau? Trade him after this season to a team with an asset, they buy him out and then we re sign him?

Can't rule out almost anything in sports, but it's probably a longshot. Orpik's value isn't through offence, while a healthy Marleau should still be productive enough. Can't see Marleau coming down in cap hit as much as Orpik did. Guessing Orpik also didn't have any form of NTC (or NMC as Marleau does).

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Marleau = NMC

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
How we will replace Roman Polak this year @Coachcorner? From your detailed assessments of him last year, it appeared he was in the key role of being hard on suckas and twerking that thang when the opponents messed with our youngsters.

On the PK maybe, his even strength twerking left a lot to be desired. His quality of suckapetition wasn't even that high.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Can we even buy out his contract? I’m not sure. I know that because he’s 35 plus when the contract was made, even if he retires we eat his cap hit. What about buy outs?

Edit: Looked it up. Even if a team buys him out, it offers no cap hit relief.

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Can we even buy out his contract? I’m not sure. I know that because he’s 35 plus when the contract was made, even if he retires we eat his cap hit. What about buy outs?

Edit: Looked it up. Even if a team buys him out, it offers no cap hit relief.

Yep. The only chance of Marleau being off the cap is if he waives his NMC.

The best chance of that happening is San Jose, I think. If they keep striking out on free agents maybe they'll have the space and desire to take him back for a year.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Yep. The only chance of Marleau being off the cap is if he waives his NMC.

The best chance of that happening is San Jose, I think. If they keep striking out on free agents maybe they'll have the space and desire to take him back for a year.
Yeah. And in real actual salary, he only makes something like $1 million that final year.

Reactions: diceman934

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Marleau's class act won't be easy to replace for sure but Polak's twerking game is neither.... mayne y'all already got it down and analyzed it perfectly like crystal on de niro. Polak was our PK killa and he blocked that thang real hard. Also polak's warriorriness was a real problem, for other teams. Guy was fierce and fearless. He took shots and gave it back. When the other guy got him with fists... Polly came back with a knife. When the other guy had a knife... Polly came back twerking with a gun.

Reactions: Skin Tape Session

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Go Leafs...win it for Patty.....(and every other Leaf fan and for yourself...)

Those 2 goal's in game 7 were herculean. He did his job, can't ask much more from him. I just hope he has a few more years left at that quality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad