Value of: Patrick Marleau

Hush

Jan 28, 2013
I would love to see Marleau on the Red Wings but he is Northman loyal and will retire a Shark. Great player.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
With the signing of Bodeker and Meier and Golobin waiting Does he have any value I no he had a NMC but if it was waived what is return ?

Why would we move him? He has one more year left. He's also still VERY good and a great top 6 winger. Since he is on the Sharks though, all these clueless people will come in saying that he is a cap dump which he definitely is not and start giving garbage offers. There's no reason for us to move him or to start a thread like this.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He's a 3rd line producer at even strength but he's great on the power play and still does all the little things.

Evergreen

I don't think a team looking to make another run at the Cup would trade a guy like Marleau. He's still good.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
I think the Canucks would be interested, as they need a stop-gap at the 2nd-line LW wing spot (in case their young players aren't ready for that role).

Would something around Ryan Miller + Jordan Subban make sense for the Sharks?... The Canucks would likely want a similar rated prospect or pick added though since Subban is a wild card that could exceed expectations.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It depends. If the Sharks were to retain salary or take salary back, he's worth a bit. If they just trade him, he's worth a pick.

That said, he isn't waiving.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
With the signing of Bodeker and Meier and Golobin waiting Does he have any value I no he had a NMC but if it was waived what is return ?

Thought Marleau would only waive his NMC for the Rangers, Ducks and Kings. If he's to get moved he will have to expand more then that. As most of those teams couldn't afford his nearly $7M salary.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I would love to see Marleau on the Red Wings but he is Northman loyal and will retire a Shark. Great player.

Yeah no thanks, Detroit couldn't afford Marleau's nearly $7 million salary we're pretty well set now with our forward core. And by the sounds of it any ways i doubt he would waive for Detroit.,

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How awful wo7ld it be if the sharks traded marleau and then won a cup without him the next season

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I think the Canucks would be interested, as they need a stop-gap at the 2nd-line LW wing spot (in case their young players aren't ready for that role).

Would something around Ryan Miller + Jordan Subban make sense for the Sharks?... The Canucks would likely want a similar rated prospect or pick added though since Subban is a wild card that could exceed expectations.

Are you guys going for it this year or rebuilding? Marleau has got one year left on his deal and maybe 2 productive seasons in him. I can't tell what you guys are doing...

bananamana

May 7, 2016
Absolutely worthless player who wouldn't fetch more than a seventh round draft pick. This guy is the laziest player in the league and it's very likely he will not score more than 10-20 points next year. He deserves to be booed out of San Jose and never welcomed back. If the 1997 draft were conducted again he most likely would not even go drafted.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Absolutely worthless player who wouldn't fetch more than a seventh round draft pick. This guy is the laziest player in the league and it's very likely he will not score more than 10-20 points next year. He deserves to be booed out of San Jose and never welcomed back. If the 1997 draft were conducted again he most likely would not even go drafted.

... Said no one absolutely ever.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC

Are you intentionally trying to piss off Sharks fans. Start with Horvat and work from there

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA

:sarcasm:

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA

Haha, best first post ever!

Anyway, I'm not the biggest Marleau fan but it doesn't make much sense to trade him right now considering SJ will have another good look at the SCF next season.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR

Killer first post. Welcome to the boards!

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I have a really weird and uneasy feeling about Patrick going into this season

If he doesn't get traded this year I feel like he'll be let go in FA next summer

Source: a hunch, nothing more

Ducksgo*

Yah Marleau isn't going anywhere. He'll retire a Shark this late in his career. Especially of the success they just had this last year there would be no reason to leave.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad