Patrick Kane's Historic Season: 121 Point Pace

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
3 Cups baby!

I don't care about Kucherov or McDavid. None of them has any Cup compared to this guy who's older but still so clutch. Kane is the best player in the NHL right now.
Cups won 4+ years ago mean nothing when comparing how good players are currently.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
I'd say Kanes 85 points is more impressive than Kucherovs 92 considering Kane playing for a team that has basically struggled all season long except maybe last 15 games or so while Kucherov plays for the absolute best team in the league. Kane are about to lead the Hawks to the playoffs from a nearly impossible situation.

Reactions: Idionym and MSZ

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I'd say Kanes 85 points is more impressive than Kucherovs 92 considering Kane playing for a team that has basically struggled all season long except maybe last 15 games or so while Kucherov plays for the absolute best team in the league. Kane are about to lead the Hawks to the playoffs from a nearly impossible situation.
Kuch is a huge reason why the Bolts are the best team, tho.

Still think Showtime is winning the Hart if he wills the Hawks into the playoffs.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Cups won 4+ years ago mean nothing when comparing how good players are currently.

So you’re contradicting yourself because Patrick Kane is now the league 2nd highest scoring player in a league when comparing with “how good players are currently”.

And Cups are Cups. Patrick Kane is a 3 time Stanley Cup Champion. Nuff said.

Reactions: Victory 65

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Kane has been going about this a bit quietly and I didn't realiz ehe had been this dominant.

If Hawks make the playoffs his name will definitely be in the Hart conversaiton,; however, the only reason they would make the playoffs is because the Western Conference wild card is a bit of a dumpster fire right now and no team is out of the race.....even the ducks

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Kuch is a huge reason why the Bolts are the best team, tho.

Still think Showtime is winning the Hart if he wills the Hawks into the playoffs.

Yeah i agree with you there, but they would still be one of the best teams without him i think. They still have Point, Stamkos, Palat, Johnson, Gourde, Callahan. Great defense also. Hawks without Kane would be worse than Sens.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
If the hawks make the playoffs the only way kane shouldnt win the hart is if the oilers also make the playoffs. Then it should definitely go to McDavid

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Someone did not get the memo he is washed up and too old. Will be interesting to see if he is ever on a contender again.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
After Crosby. You could make a case for Kane being the 2nd best player along with Malkin this decade. But definitely top 3 along with Malkin and Crosby.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Toews gets credit for showing effort this year but cmon he has been feasting off Kane
In the last 10-15 games maybe? Toews has been a different player than the past couple years and has been playing better with or without kane on his line.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
That's a given. He's ridiculously talented and it's even more impressive since he's dragging the Hawks in by the skin of his teeth.

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
How does the level of play of other lines than the one of the player in concern affect his point totals? Not much.

How does a bad rest of the team affect a line that's clicking? Not much.

Does Kane being on a bad team but clicking line make his point totals more impressive than Kucherovs? Not really.

Most of the time lines get hot because the players on it get hot.

Kane has been impressive lately but over the whole season he and his line have just been less productive than Kucherov and his line. It's really easy sometimes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad