Value of: Patrick Kane

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
2 unprotected 1sts, a 2nd rd pick, solid early to mid 20s roster player, A+ elite prospect, B prospect, cap dump.

I think that would be the structure to the deal. Would be messy in terms of amount of moving parts like the EK trade but better pieces.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
You're easily lost.

Apparently. I don't see what McDavid has to do with Kane as they're very different players, nor do I see how Kane fractured the fanbase. If anything he should be credited with creating the much larger fanbase (along with Toews.)
His jersey sales numbers over the last 10 years indicate that pretty clearly for example.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
McDavid doesn't need linemates that can finish to be a 100pt player.

Mcdavid as he may be great , I'll still take Kane over him any day . Kane has proven to be a clutch player when it matters and can take over a game or series, mcdavid has yet proven that.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kane should be the last player traded from the Hawks, barring an off season episode or two.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I'm sure Toronto would love to have Kane. Most fans like you don't understand that it's not just the want - they have to give up something too.

Of course they'd love to have Kane - any team with capspace would - but we live in a cap limted era and that means you can't always just get what you want without sacrificing something of value; That is of course unless CHI wants to take back equal value in garbage, you know that's not going to happen.

Toronto is doing okay without any additions / subtractions. Let them continue winning without changing what's working.

If CHI wants to explore the opportunities for Kane - look to Teams that aren't as content as Toronto.

I agree the cap affects everything , however Toronto has a lot of money tied up and has some players in need of big paydays , so the question is can this team win it this year if not then all the money thrown at these guys to basically build a superstar team is a disaster and players will be traded or not signed due to bloated contracts with minimal money .

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Draisaitl is better than any player Kane plays with.

The problem has been for years Kane has never had a center or solid line, until panarin came then Kane rocked out the scoring title , but before that he has averaged 89 points with limited help. So id say he is pretty good

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
The Blackhawks and the Kings feel like a nostalgia act, an active Hall of Fame alumni team.

If the Hawks were to pull the trigger on Kane I'd have to imagine it'd be for a rebuild package. Kane in the late stage of his prime and the Rangers with a bunch of young talent, the writing would be on the wall for that one IMHO

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Nylander + Zaitsev + 2 non roster players not named Liljegren or Sandin + 2019 1st & 2nd + 2020 2nd.
Would take a contract back (not seabrook)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3