Patrick Kane vs Auston Matthews

Who will go down as the better American born player?

• Total voters

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Matthews has a chance to be a better "player" but it'll be hard to surpass 3 Cups in terms of "career".

Reactions: TS Quint

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Well, considering one has done what I assume, the other needs to do; for this to be a question.

Reactions: dukeofjive

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Easily? Matthews has a better ppg up to this point in their careers, is better defensively, and plays a premium position. I won’t even discuss their goal scoring.

It’s fine if you think Kane will have a better career, but don’t act like it’s going to be “easy”.
Kane will easily win this poll. He can't even beat Barkov. Next Matthews poll.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Kane is a loooooong ways ahead of Matthews. Unless Matthews takes another big step forward, this is easily Kane.

Party Kane

Nov 7, 2013
Chicago
Kane with ease. There's no way Matthews will ever win a Hart, Lindsay, Art Ross as long as Mcdavid, Draisaitl, MacKinnon, etc are in the league and don't even get me started on the 3x cups and playoff resume Kane has. This one isn't close.

Kane's still arguably better than Matthews to this day on a team with way less offensive help

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Kane is the obvious answer just due to having already having a very accomplished career but there is certainly a chance (up to you how high) that Matthews could surpass Kane.

Voted Matthews due to the silliness of comparing 2 players nearly 10 years apart in a career projection poll.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
Kane is the obvious answer just due to having already having a very accomplished career but there is certainly a chance (up to you how high) that Matthews could surpass Kane.

Voted Matthews due to the silliness of comparing 2 players nearly 10 years apart in a career projection poll.

Come on, be honest dude. You voted Matthews because you're a Leafs fan.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Matthews has the talent to pass him. Looks like Matthews will spend a lot more of his career in a higher scoring environment as well. Still voted Kane because everything needs to go right for Auston. Playoff success might be the difference in the end.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Matthews has a chance to be a better "player" but it'll be hard to surpass 3 Cups in terms of "career".
As a Leafs fan I am very excited about the next 4-5 yrs, what we are building resembles pre dynasty Hawks. The Hawks had a cpl play off heart breaks before they won it all, so has the Leafs core. I just have this feeling that we win that 1st round the cup is ours, kinda like you just knew the Caps were gonna win once they finally beat the Pens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad