Proposal: Patrick Kane to Colorado

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Just because the 1st line is insanely dominant doesn't mean their depth isn't scoring. Quit selling misleading narratives that are just outright false.

The depth is scoring but there is a trust issue. Come playoff time can they be trusted?

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
Colorado: Patrick Kane
Chicago: Cale Makar, 2019 1st - Ottawa, 2019 1st Colorado
I see where you're going with this. Kane alongside MacKinnon might be the most lethal combo in the entire league. Add rantanen to that and... well wow. But theres no way either team would do it. Colorado wouldnt wanna take on that contract at his age for 1. And secondly, I forget who it is, might be Jack Hughes, but some prospect this year is hailed as "Patrick kane 2.0". Why give up all that when you're probably gonna get the younger version of kane anyway? I'd stay put if I was Colorado. Things are looking good already

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Colorado: Patrick Kane
Chicago: Cale Makar, 2019 1st - Ottawa, 2019 1st Colorado

So a 30 ish right winger on a giant contract for 2 1sts one of which could end up first overall and a good young player in Makar? Cant see Avs having any interest in that. In fact I doubt you could get Ottwas first alone for Kane considering it stands a decent chance of being Jack Hughes.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So you literally just picked the two assets outside of MacK and Rantanen that they'd never dream of giving up in Makar and Ott 1st.

Don't care how good Kane is, this wouldn't happen in a million years.

The best we could really do is Col 1st, Kaut, Timmins. Even then I wouldn't be a huge fan of the move since we'd be giving up a ton of decent young talent for a guy that signals we are Cup contenders when we aren't there yet.

So realistically this isn't happening.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
After all of the shit I gave my hawks fan friends for rooting for him, it would be fitting for him to play for the avs...but good god do I hope they stay away. If they wanna use be Ottawa pick on someone with more left in the tank & a better cap hit like Tarasenko, Draisaitl, Zibanejad, etc. then great. But not on an old player who’s making 8 figures and brings that kind of baggage...nevermind including Makar in any trade

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Maybe the Hawks can include Seabrook and take back a bad contract to make it more enticing for Colorado. If they’re going to give up Makar they should probably get a top 4 defenseman back.
lmao this post is just too much.

Trying to present Seabrook as a valuable asset because he happens to be playing in the top 4 on the worst team in the league is laughable.

Delude yourself all you want but everybody knows Seabrook is old, slow, signed to an absurdly terrible contract that lasts many, many more years. He is untradeable and completely unwanted by any team.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Just because the 1st line is insanely dominant doesn't mean their depth isn't scoring. Quit selling misleading narratives that are just outright false.
Huh? That's what the poster you quoted had said? That they're too dependent on the first line.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Huh? That's what the poster you quoted had said? That they're too dependent on the first line.

strictlyrandy is saying that they're not too dependent on the first line; other lines are scoring a bunch too. The Avs have 7 players on pace for over 50 points, which is okay depth. It just looks very top heavy because the top line is scoring at an outrageous pace unprecedented in the post-lockout era.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
So you literally just picked the two assets outside of MacK and Rantanen that they'd never dream of giving up in Makar and Ott 1st.

Don't care how good Kane is, this wouldn't happen in a million years.

The best we could really do is Col 1st, Kaut, Timmins. Even then I wouldn't be a huge fan of the move since we'd be giving up a ton of decent young talent for a guy that signals we are Cup contenders when we aren't there yet.

So realistically this isn't happening.
I love how fans talk as if they were the actual GM.
I would laugh so hard if Ottawa's 1st, Makar + come to the Hawks for Kaner.
It's all good.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
strictlyrandy is saying that they're not too dependent on the first line; other lines are scoring a bunch too. The Avs have 7 players on pace for over 50 points, which is okay depth. It just looks very top heavy because the top line is scoring at an outrageous pace unprecedented in the post-lockout era.

TBF we do need 1 more star forward to anchor the second line consistently. Right now that secondary scoring is pretty streaky outside of Jimmothy Timmothy. It should just be someone in the core's age range, who's signed to a less cumbersome contract & who has a less checkered history.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I love how fans talk as if they were the actual GM.
I would laugh so hard if Ottawa's 1st, Makar + come to the Hawks for Kaner.
It's all good.
Will never happen, the Avs aren't in the business of trading their two best cost controlled assets for a 30 year old. Not to mention we sure as hell aren't trading those assets to a division rival.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad