Proposal: Patrick Kane for Vladimir Tarasenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Age and contract going forward make Tarasenko more valuable imo and he is a good leader and role model from all accounts. Kane is one of the best in game but this would probably take away a couple years off St Louis’ window unless they wanna go all in the next few years. In the end I probably wouldn’t do it for St Louis

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Trading away the face of the franchise for a guy who is older, more expensive and has a pretty questionable reputation seems like a bad plan. Except for the one great year Kane had, they have been comparable give or take 10 is points or so. They can pick up a secondary scorer for that extra 2.5M in salary difference to cover any gap.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
If the Blues were to trade Tarasenko, they sure arent going to trade him for a declining player.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I didnt realize the Blues were in need of shaking up some of their fanbase away from the team.

They are doing a good job of that this year without any big moves. That being said, the thought of Patrick Kane in the Blue Note makes me sick to my stomach. Not to mention Tarasenko torching us in a Blackhawks uniform for years to come. No thank you.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
If the Blues were to trade Tarasenko, they sure arent going to trade him for a declining player.

you forgot the :sarcasm:

Kane is a player who relies on his Smarts and stick handling. just like datsyuk he will be relevant till easy mid 30's.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Tarasenko is not even close to the player Kane is. Kane is so much laughably better this isn't even a discussion. Tarasenko is a top tier goal scorer and that's it.

Kane has proven to be an elite goal scorer when he wants to shoot first but he's also an elite playmaker with ice vision arguably as good or better as mcdavid and Crosby.

Not to mention Kane constantly elevates his game come playoff time and clutch moments

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’d love to hear your thoughts on how Kane is declining when he’s on pace for 100 points right now if you feel like embarrassing yourself any further.

Have you seen his stats the past 4 years? They have declined. How hard is that to comprehend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad