Patrick Kane Discussion - 26-Game Point Streak // Leads League In Points

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
i will be amazed if he scores under 100pts in a full season this year.

Everything he touches goes in the net somehow

S A W F T*

Patrick Kane last 2 games:
1G 2A
1G 2A

Patrick Kane vs. Ottawa this year:
1G 2A

Let the trend continue on Sunday!

• Kane needs 44 points in 43 games to hit 100 on the season.
  • Shooting a career high 16.8% (16.7% during lockout season).
  • 613 points in 615 career games.
  • +17 is a career high (+16 in 09-10' season)

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
Kane will illicit a lot of hate if he hits 100 points from many posters who support more perennial 100 point players.

44 points in 43 games left is very doable for him assuming he remains healthy.

Hope he does it.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
100 Point might be too much for Kane. He's really starting to slow down. Pointless in 2 of his last 4 games, when he was only pointless in 3 of his first 35 games...

S A W F T*

100 Point might be too much for Kane. He's really starting to slow down. Pointless in 2 of his last 4 games, when he was only pointless in 3 of his first 35 games...

6 points in last 4 games and 8 in last 5 is really all you need to know.

Church of Toews*

But it's troubling when those 0+0 games start piling up.

And he has more 3 point games that 0 point games. He responded by the two games he was shut out by getting 3 points against arizona and 3 points for game in Colorado yesterday. he more than made up for the pointless games he had against Carolina and the Stars

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
100 would be sweet but missing games could mess that up. If he passes his career high of 88 I'll be satisfied.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Kane won't quite get to 100. I think he gets 95ish points, still leads the league.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Pegged him for 90+ points at the beginning of the season.

It's not like he hasn't gone cold in stretches before. Needless to say, 90+ points is world-class production.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
It's quite clear that Kane, Benn, and Seguin have separated themselves from the rest of the league this year (well, and Karlsson too relative to the rest of the defensemen).

The art Ross race is going to be entertaining.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Yes, it would. But Crosby doesn't have that high peak season. Really good, but Malkin, Ovechkin, Thornton and Jagr have better single season peaks since the lockout.

Thst doesn't really make sense considering just two years ago crosby had 104 points. So 105 now would surpass that? 13-14 was the same scoring enviornment

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Thst doesn't really make sense considering just two years ago crosby had 104 points. So 105 now would surpass that? 13-14 was the same scoring enviornment

Yeah, I think it would. Crosby wasn't that good that year. He got those points, but I watched maybe the most games I've seen from him in any other season and he didn't seem as good as he seemed in his 120 point campaign, or his 50 goal campaign. Statistically, that was his "most impressive" season. But overall, I don't think he played the best hockey.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Yeah, I think it would. Crosby wasn't that good that year. He got those points, but I watched maybe the most games I've seen from him in any other season and he didn't seem as good as he seemed in his 120 point campaign, or his 50 goal campaign. Statistically, that was his "most impressive" season. But overall, I don't think he played the best hockey.

Idk I think even a 13-14 crosby was more visibly dominant than Kane has been this year. Thinking of the goals he scored against buffalo. Calgary and NYI. Classic vintage sid goals.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Idk I think even a 13-14 crosby was more visibly dominant than Kane has been this year. Thinking of the goals he scored against buffalo. Calgary and NYI. Classic vintage sid goals.

That's open for debate. I see Kane having better season thus far. But I guess the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

I don't think it was his best year, but Bylsma was also using him as the Penguins' shutdown center. I think he was playing against something like the 29th hardest competition of any NHL forwards that season.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I don't think it was his best year, but Bylsma was also using him as the Penguins' shutdown center. I think he was playing against something like the 29th hardest competition of any NHL forwards that season.

That's impressive. If Kane holds up his current production (or close to it) I think one could make a good case for him being better offensively and Crosby being better defensively.

I find it impressive that Kane has a real chance of having a season up on par with the likes of Crosby. Obviously Crosby is the better player career wise. But Kane is really making a signature season here.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
That's impressive. If Kane holds up his current production (or close to it) I think one could make a good case for him being better offensively and Crosby being better defensively.

I find it impressive that Kane has a real chance of having a season up on par with the likes of Crosby. Obviously Crosby is the better player career wise. But Kane is really making a signature season here.

Kane is definitely having an impressive season, but there are a number of statistical indicators that Kane's offensive impact may not be as great as his point totals indicate.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Kane is definitely having an impressive season, but there are a number of statistical indicators that Kane's offensive impact may not be as great as his point totals indicate.

What are those? I've seen him being responsible for a huge amount of his team scoring.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
That's open for debate. I see Kane having better season thus far. But I guess the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

A couple other things to take into consideration.

The Blackhawks are a much better and deeper team than the 13-14 penguins. Crosby played with Kunitz and Brian gibbons for most of the year lol.

Another thing is crosby didn't have the luxury of 3 on 3 OT. Kane has already had some points off that.

All in all it points to crosby being better. I think people are just really happy that another player besides crosby has a good chance to hit 100.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

What? Can you link them because he and his line have carried the team for a majority of our games so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad