Patrick Kane Discussion - 26-Game Point Streak // Leads League In Points

paragon

May 5, 2010
Another 3 point night. Man's unstoppable. 6 points in his last 2. Would 105-110 points be more impressive in this era than Crosby's peak season?
I'd say 2013-2014 was his most dominant season. He had only 104 points, but the second best had 87. The point gap makes it more impressive than his 120 point season, when pretty much everybody had inflated point totals because of all the power plays and he was only up by 6 points and 6 other people scored 100+ points.

So yes, if Kane scores 110 I think it's more impressive than Crosby's peak, but not as impressive as Ovechkin's peak season.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I'd say 2013-2014 was his most dominant season. He had only 104 points, but the second best had 87. The point gap makes it more impressive than his 120 point season, when pretty much everybody had inflated point totals because of all the power plays and he was only up by 6 points and 6 other people

The point gap was largely due to injuries to all the main contenders.Looks good on paper, until you realize Getzlaf is 2nd.

paragon

May 5, 2010
The point gap was largely due to injuries to all the main contenders.Looks good on paper, until you realize Getzlaf is 2nd.

Injuries to who? Maybe Malkin, but even his pace was not that great. Rest of the top players played full seasons. So it's not an excuse. Maybe you are confusing it with last season when Benn won it and lots of people had injuries?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Injuries to who? Maybe Malkin, but even his pace was not that great. Rest of the top players played full seasons. So it's not an excuse. Maybe you are confusing it with last season when Benn won it and lots of people had injuries?

Malkin
Tavares
Stamkos
as a start

Malkin was on pace for 98 points
Stamkos pre-injury was the highest PPG in the league

paragon

May 5, 2010
Malkin
Tavares
Stamkos
as a start

Malkin was on pace for 98 points
Stamkos pre-injury was the highest PPG in the league
Stamkos was leading at 17 game point mark, that's not really something you can extrapolate on. His production also fell because Marty was traded. And injuries are also part of the game. Malkin is injured pretty much every season, so it's not what won Crosby the Art.

Man, I hate Crosby and I have to be here defending him. I'm pretty sure that was his best season when it comes to even strength point totals. I don't think anyone has been close to those numbers in a while.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Stamkos was leading at 17 game point mark, that's not really something you can extrapolate on.

Yet, posters on here routinely shove the following quote in our face
"Crosby led the league in PPG for 5 straight seasons!"
One of those 'seasons' was 22 games. But they use it to extrapolate.

I don't think anyone has been close to those numbers in a while.

How about Malkin 2011-2012?

Fergus

Feb 16, 2014
Stamkos was leading at 17 game point mark, that's not really something you can extrapolate on. His production also fell because Marty was traded. And injuries are also part of the game. Malkin is injured pretty much every season, so it's not what won Crosby the Art.

Man, I hate Crosby and I have to be here defending him. I'm pretty sure that was his best season when it comes to even strength point totals. I don't think anyone has been close to those numbers in a while.

Crosby had 66 ESP in 80 games, that's nothing special at all. Getzlaf had 64 in 77, Hall 62 in 75. Malkin had 75 in 75 in 11-12, Sedin had 83 in 82 in 09-10.

Why not take few minutes to check facts?

paragon

May 5, 2010
Yet, posters on here routinely shove the following quote in our face
"Crosby led the league in PPG for 5 straight seasons!"
One of those 'seasons' was 22 games. But they use it to extrapolate.

How about Malkin 2011-2012?
If you mean to say that to extrapolate like that is stupid, then I agree. There's a lot of wear and tear on players during long seasons, and they might be playing injured even if they don't miss any games.

That season by Malkin looks equally as impressive as well. Guess I have short memory.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
If you mean to say that to extrapolate like that is stupid, then I agree. There's a lot of wear and tear on players during long seasons, and they might be playing injured even if they don't miss any games.

That season by Malkin looks equally as impressive as well. Guess I have short memory.

Malkin's was more impressive IMO because for one; No Crosby to help his point totals (potentially more PP points because of him) and two; he did that in 75 games Give him 7 more games at the pace he was scoring? Probably hits 120 or close to it.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

One of the top players who didn't play a full season that year was Patrick Kane... you know the guy this thread is ostensibly about?

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Wasn't that... 50 goals in 39? :laugh:
thatsthejoke.jpg

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Another 3 point night. Man's unstoppable. 6 points in his last 2. Would 105-110 points be more impressive in this era than Crosby's peak season?

Yes, it would. But Crosby doesn't have that high peak season. Really good, but Malkin, Ovechkin, Thornton and Jagr have better single season peaks since the lockout.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00