Proposal: Patrick+Cap Dump to Detroit.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I can’t move Seider I’m sorry. I’d rather cut my hand off than trade Seider. I know that sounds insane but I love how he plays hockey

It doesn't sound insane at all. I'm the biggest Seider fanboy there is - I loved that pick from the moment it was made. Not surprised that the great man had the guts to make that pick. Steven Y. rules.

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
You could have Provorov and Hagg for Seider, and then you wouldn't have to worry about it. I'm telling you, bud, I think we can make this work.
As insane as it sounds I wouldn’t do that. And I think Provocop is a really really good defenseman. I’m not even sure if Seider will ever be as good as Provo. But I still wouldn’t do it

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
I like Hagg, ideally looking for someone with a little bit more offensive upside. Looking for a potential Seider partner but I’m probably asking too much. But wouldn’t mind a Hagg+Hronek pairing. Hagg is reliable defensively somewhat, or am I off the mark on that?

Nope, nailed it.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
What’s it going to cost to get Patrick+York to Detroit? Zadina+ pick 6 in this draft? Pretty please :)
I like Patrick, think last year was an anomaly, but think he needs a change of scenery, and York is a shoe in top 4 defender, but I would jump at this deal and hopefully be able to draft Brandt Clarke ( or Hughes, Guenther, Eklund, Beniers). I like both York and Patrick better than Zadina.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I like Patrick, think last year was an anomaly, but think he needs a change of scenery, and York is a shoe in top 4 defender, but I would jump at this deal and hopefully be able to draft Brandt Clarke ( or Hughes, Guenther, Eklund, Beniers). I like both York and Patrick better than Zadina.
Think I'd do it also. I liked Zadina a lot in his draft year, but he has not been good. Possibly the Detroit stink? #6, even in a weak draft, is the best asset by far imo.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Zadina disappointing is definitely one of my more confusing evaluations in the last few years. I had him above Tkachuk even. Thought he was as safe as it gets. Somehow it’s only been 3 years.

He was never a great skater, but it was still fine. If you told me his all-around puck skills wouldn’t make him at least a 50-60 point guy in short order, I’d have been skeptical. He was always pretty physically engaged too. Even guys like Glass or Patrick disappointing make more sense to me. Maybe Zadina still has it in him, I don’t know. Weird one.

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
Zadina disappointing is definitely one of my more confusing evaluations in the last few years. I had him above Tkachuk even. Thought he was as safe as it gets. Somehow it’s only been 3 years.

He was never a great skater, but it was still fine. If you told me his all-around puck skills wouldn’t make him at least a 50-60 point guy in short order, I’d have been skeptical. He was always pretty physically engaged too. Even guys like Glass or Patrick disappointing make more sense to me. Maybe Zadina still has it in him, I don’t know. Weird one.

Yea I haven’t been a huge Zadina fan myself. I will say tho, he is progressing game by game and it’s noticeable. A big thing is lack of good players around him. I think once we have Berggren and Raymond on the team Zadina’s play will pick up. But I’m all for moving him for the right offer.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I thought Zadina was overrated in the draft; the consensus seemed to rank him 3rd & he was getting a ton of hype. Wicked shot, good hands, & strong, but his style & effort level made me question how he’d translate to the NHL.

I had Boqvist 3rd & Q. Hughes 4.

Zadina still has time to salvage a career, but if I were a Detroit fan I’d be extremely disappointed thus far, & not particularly hopeful.

Reactions: LazyT

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
There’s been a lot of whispers about him being available. I think it would take a decent return for him tho. He’s got a unique skill set that the wings lack elsewhere. Curious what you would offer for him tho

What are Detroit’s specific needs this off-season? Would love to have him in the Orange and Black.

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
I thought Zadina was overrated in the draft; the consensus seemed to rank him 3rd & he was getting a ton of hype. Wicked shot, good hands, & strong, but his style & effort level made me question how he’d translate to the NHL.

I had Boqvist 3rd & Q. Hughes 4.

Zadina still has time to salvage a career, but if I were a Detroit fan I’d be extremely disappointed thus far, & not particularly hopeful.
Kind of how I feel honestly, he shows flashes but on most nights he’s invisible. Didn’t like the pick at the time and still don’t now.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I’d be really interested in someone like that. Ideally it would be someone who could kind of grow into a roll playing with Seider. Andrea I’ve liked what I’ve seen in my limited viewings

Patrick + Ghost + Andrae + 13th overall

-FOR-

Zadina + 6th overall

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
Man I would think this is an actual deal. I’d take that package for sure.

Can I also say y’all are great. Your board is actually awesome. You guys have a good group here.

1F47zAv.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad