Former Bruins Patrice Bergeron

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

Well better then letting it linger. I'll be honest, I thought all along, that if they had this amazing start, that eventually they would convince him to come back. The hard no hurts, but not as much as it would at the dealine on 3/7 Return of the Champion night. Geesh. :)

God Bless Bergy and his family. Thank you for the cup and all of the wonderful years. By far my favorite player of all time.

Reactions: Number8 and PB37

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If Bergeron had been out for more than a year, sure , I agree with that but the time off probablywas great for him mentally and physically. No reason he couldn’t come back for one last short term kick at the Cup . Anyone who thinks it would tarnish his legacy is just being silly in my opinion.

I never said it would tarnish his image I just said I agreed with the post I quoted.

Also just in general I hate when players in any sport retire and un retire. Not fair to the keep players and teams in constant limbo like that.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
If Bergeron had been out for more than a year, sure , I agree with that but the time off probably was great for him mentally and physically. No reason he couldn’t come back for one last short term kick at the Cup . Anyone who thinks it would tarnish his legacy is just being silly in my opinion.

Nothing to do with his legacy. It's unimpeachable. I'm just wholly against comebacks. As I said, IMO when you're done, you're done. Simple as that.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Bergeron probably retired with more wear and tear than nearly all NHLers when the phone stops ringing. Would be awesome to get him back for 1 last run but I don't think its realistic.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I honestly thought his style of play and his fitness level would have allowed him to still be incredibly effective as a player for a few more years. But he's definitely the type of character that when he commits to something, like retiring and being home with family, he's not turning back.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You're really giving yourself credit for saying a player that retired, and has constantly said when asked that he's not coming back, is going to stay retired, as if you broke some major f***ing news? Guess what? 99.9999999999999% of the fans here all said the same. I guess we're all "reporters" too....:biglaugh:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Everyone needs to lighten up.

It's great to see Bergeron adjusting well to retirement. Not sure it's a surprise seeing as just about everything that guy has done since coming to Boston has been pretty damn perfect.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad