mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
upload_2019-3-8_11-15-34.png

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
NHL players vote on the “best all around player” in the league.

In what can only be described as a one-sided landslide Penguins captain Sidney Crosby walked away in first place with a whopping 48% of players polled naming him as the top dog in the game today.

Rounding out the top 5 were Edmonton Oilers captain Connor McDavid in second place with only 25% of the vote. For some context although there is an obvious debate regarding which player, Crosby or McDavid, is better, nearly twice as many players voted for Crosby over McDaivd. In third place was highly respected Boston Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron with 11% and both Florida Panthers star Aleksander Barkov and Tampa Bay Lightning star Nikita Kucherov each claimed 4% of the vote.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Don Cherry Believes Bruins’ Patrice Bergeron Should Win MVP Award

Don Cherry thinks it's time to consider Bergeron for another individual award -- the Hart Memorial Trophy, awarded to the NHL's MVP. In an interview with the Boston Herald's Tom Keegan, the former Bruins bench boss said Bergeron should at least be in the top three of the voting at season's end. "He should not only be the Selke winner, but should be the MVP," Cherry said. "He wins every important draw, kills penalties, takes your regular shift and plays the power play. I don’t know who else can win the Selke besides him. And the way he’s going, he at least has to be in the top three for MVP. Bergeron never has garnered much attention in terms of the Hart Trophy

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Don Cherry Believes Bruins’ Patrice Bergeron Should Win MVP Award

Don Cherry thinks it's time to consider Bergeron for another individual award -- the Hart Memorial Trophy, awarded to the NHL's MVP. In an interview with the Boston Herald's Tom Keegan, the former Bruins bench boss said Bergeron should at least be in the top three of the voting at season's end. "He should not only be the Selke winner, but should be the MVP," Cherry said. "He wins every important draw, kills penalties, takes your regular shift and plays the power play. I don’t know who else can win the Selke besides him. And the way he’s going, he at least has to be in the top three for MVP. Bergeron never has garnered much attention in terms of the Hart Trophy

Elliote Friedman pretty much said the same thing in 31 thoughts last week I believe. Can't say I disagree.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
2. In his magnificent Hall of Fame–worthy career, Patrice Bergeron has never received one first-place vote for the Hart Trophy. He has four seconds (all in 2014, which is the only time he’s received anything more than a fourth-place vote). Is it possible he is the most under-appreciated great player ever?

31 Thoughts: Oilers GM search leaving no stone unturned - Sportsnet.ca

In my opinion, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad