Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
thank you hockey gods for letting us unworthy fans see this guys entire career in black and gold.

and shame on me for suggesting in his rookie season he would be close to dale hunter for a career impact. obviously I was wrong. we are watching my vote now today for best 2 way forward in nhl history

{all apologies to sergei federov and pavel datsyuk}

Reactions: lopey

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I remember when the HOF was a true honor reserved only for the truly elite. Chara, Crosby and Ovechkin are the only active players worthy, imo.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I remember when the HOF was a true honor reserved only for the truly elite. Chara, Crosby and Ovechkin are the only active players worthy, imo.
the HHOF has always been relatively easy to get into, compared the football and baseball, not sure about basketball.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville

Everyone comment on this and tell this guys he's a moron.

Players Vote Patrice Bergeron As Third-Best All-Around NHL Player, P.K. Subban As Most Overrated

This was posted in the previous Bergy thread before it was closed and I feel like should be discussed more. Pretty damn cool and deserving.

You can't reason with stupid.

They said this in the thread:

""I’ll look forward to him getting in with Chris Kunitz...fewer points career-wise and fewer Selke’s, but comparable players and Kunitz had better season totals, more Stanley Cups, Olympic gold, yada yada yada.""

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

""I’ll look forward to him getting in with Chris Kunitz...fewer points career-wise and fewer Selke’s, but comparable players and Kunitz had better season totals, more Stanley Cups, Olympic gold, yada yada yada.""

Quite possibly the worst comparison of all time. Hilariously bad. Painful to read.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

:biglaugh:

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Just when I think I've gotten over my strong dislike of Pens fans, they give me a reason to remember it all over again.

For all of his greatness (And he IS a surefire HOF, admit ably), Crosby has never won the Selke. And why, of all people, would you compare Bergy with Kunitz when Kopitar is a way better comparison?

f***ing seriously. Hooray for some of these guys that they have lots of points. Bergeron's more than just a points player. Too bad stat-watchers wouldn't understand that at all. If the LEAGUE themselves are voting Bergeron as one of the most difficult players to play against and probably one of the very best, it f***ing says something doesn't it?

Sorry, i'm done ranting. But Bergeron IS the best defensive forward in the league today. There are definitely guys who are up there with him who can edit up stride with stride, but I have no doubts this man's winning at least five or six Selkes before he calls it a career. And that is NOT something to laugh at whatsoever. He has that on his resume as well as the Cup. He COULD win another before it's all said and done, if Sweeney, Cassidy and co. work their magic right.

Outside of the whole "Ohhh but he doesn'tscoreenough" argument, I'd be interested in seeing what real excuse somebody could use for saying that Bergeron does NOT have the look of a hall of famer on him right now.

Reactions: lopey and ap3lovr

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick

While those are generational players, I would add the following to that list as likely first ballot guys

Thornton, Malkin, Kane, Stamkos, Bergeron, Getzlaf, Kovalchuk, Keith, Karlsson, Lundqvist, and Luongo

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
While those are generational players, I would add the following to that list as likely first ballot guys

Thornton, Malkin, Kane, Stamkos, Bergeron, Getzlaf, Kovalchuk, Keith, Karlsson, Lundqvist, and Luongo

Claude Giroux numbers pretty darn good 802 games 743 points ..If he can get another solid 5 years in he might have an outside chance.Then again Theoren Fleury has 1000 pts in 1000 games with only Cup Flames ever saw on resume yet cannot get in cause of prejudice voters.

Reactions: ap3lovr

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Just when I think I've gotten over my strong dislike of Pens fans, they give me a reason to remember it all over again.

For all of his greatness (And he IS a surefire HOF, admit ably), Crosby has never won the Selke. And why, of all people, would you compare Bergy with Kunitz when Kopitar is a way better comparison?

****ing seriously. Hooray for some of these guys that they have lots of points. Bergeron's more than just a points player. Too bad stat-watchers wouldn't understand that at all. If the LEAGUE themselves are voting Bergeron as one of the most difficult players to play against and probably one of the very best, it ****ing says something doesn't it?

Sorry, i'm done ranting. But Bergeron IS the best defensive forward in the league today. There are definitely guys who are up there with him who can edit up stride with stride, but I have no doubts this man's winning at least five or six Selkes before he calls it a career. And that is NOT something to laugh at whatsoever. He has that on his resume as well as the Cup. He COULD win another before it's all said and done, if Sweeney, Cassidy and co. work their magic right.

Outside of the whole "Ohhh but he doesn'tscoreenough" argument, I'd be interested in seeing what real excuse somebody could use for saying that Bergeron does NOT have the look of a hall of famer on him right now.

There is no doubt among those in the media that are voting on this that Bergeron is a first ballot guy. That 2003 entry draft was insane, and if it was redrafted today most would take Bergeron at #1 overall. Though at this point, we should be enjoying his time on the ice and not worrying about the HHOF. Hopefully a few good years left before he retires.

Reactions: Krupp

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017

No to Keith, Karlsson, Getzlaf, Luongo and even Bergeron. All great players, but not true elite, once-in-a-blue-moon players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad